Labadee Cabana

cruzinnh

Couple of quick questions....

Is there a limit on the number of people you can have at your cabana. (We are sailing with 10) and want to use it as a home base.

How hard is it to get one? On my shore excursion page it says to inquire onboard.

Thanks for your help.

Kathy

There is a limit of 6 per cabana. If on the Shorex pg it says to enquire onboard there may not be any left for online booking - they are usually available to book far in advance. That's for Nellie's. If you are in a suite, you can email the Concierge about the ones on Barefoot Beach.

Is there a limit on the number of people you can have at your cabana. (We are sailing with 10) and want to use it as a home base.

How hard is it to get one? On my shore excursion page it says to inquire onboard.

Thanks for your help.

Kathy

I think the record is 127 but I could be wrong.

We had a cabana this past January on Nellie's beach and we had 7 in our group and another family of 4 that just wanted to leave their "stuff" at the cabana, and Horby our attendant gave all of us wristbands for the buffet. Most of the time there was only 3 or 4 at the cabana but we used it as a home base for everyone to check in what they did for the day, or they were our in the water on the floating mats. It worked great!

Horby did a great job getting us drinks all day, and we tipped him very well for doing a great job, and for allowing us all to drop by the cabana during the day.:D:D:D

Keith

When trying to reserve a Nellie's Beach cabana, be sure to list just one person reserving it. If you list everyone in your booking, it tells you to check onboard.

Also, for reservations on and after Oct. 4th, the Nellie's Beach cabana amenities no longer include the upgraded lunch at the suite exclusive Barefoot Beach.

Lin

Thanks for your help.

Kathy

It's pretty hard, we booked ours 8 months in advance and already couldn't get on the beach. There's only about 30 or so.

We just returned from Independence and booked a "cabana" on Adrenaline beach while onboard (DH went there by noon on boarding day). It is under the zipline and there were about 20 of them to book.

The ones there are "open air" w/large cushioned seating and a cooler (we had 6 Evian, I believe it said we'd have 4) plus 2 mats. The cushions can hold 6 easily, 8 if you sit cross-legged and have long curtains hanging that blow in the breeze and allow you to shade certain areas.

We had a party of 8 and just dragged two chairs in front of it. You could easily do 10 but I would just say it's 6 and then have chairs brought in. It's "open" beach so anyone can sit in front of you!

The food, as reported above, is just the regular buffet. We felt, for the 8 of us to have a home base, it was worth it!

There is a limit of 6 per cabana. If on the Shorex pg it says to enquire onboard there may not be any left for online booking - they are usually available to book far in advance. That's for Nellie's. If you are in a suite, you can email the Concierge about the ones on Barefoot Beach.

Hi. Just wondered how soon you can e mail concierge about booking a cabana on barefoot. We cruise in April. Do we have to wIt until 2 weeks before?

Also. We would like an over the water one. Any idea which are best. Thanks

We just returned from Independence and booked a "cabana" on Adrenaline beach while onboard (DH went there by noon on boarding day). It is under the zipline and there were about 20 of them to book.

The ones there are "open air" w/large cushioned seating and a cooler (we had 6 Evian, I believe it said we'd have 4) plus 2 mats. The cushions can hold 6 easily, 8 if you sit cross-legged and have long curtains hanging that blow in the breeze and allow you to shade certain areas.

We had a party of 8 and just dragged two chairs in front of it. You could easily do 10 but I would just say it's 6 and then have chairs brought in. It's "open" beach so anyone can sit in front of you!

The food, as reported above, is just the regular buffet. We felt, for the 8 of us to have a home base, it was worth it!

Oh wow, I didn't know they had opened those up. Are those on the website to reserve or do you have to reserve those on board. Do you have any pictures by chance?:D

Thanks for your help.

Kathy

We had 10 last year but we rented 2 cabanas side by side and it was the definitely well worth the money.

Check out the link in my signature about my review of Labadee and our cabanas from January of this year.:D

Oh wow, I didn't know they had opened those up. Are those on the website to reserve or do you have to reserve those on board. Do you have any pictures by chance?:D

I agree the ones on Adrenaline are nice, but we could not book them on the website. We went to Explorations when we first boarded and asked for Nellie's beach and was given once on Adrenaline. We've been in both and both are nice, but I prefer Nellie's (Bearfoot Beach ones are nice too, but we didn't stay in a suite this past cruise 11/23-12/2). Same experience with the buffet...the Cabana attendant told us to go over and get in line as it was about to open, but, it was the same buffet for everyone in that area (close to the straw market area). We do have pictures, but I need to download them from the camera this weekend and I will post.

B