Handicap Suite

hbe

I'm trying to sort this out. You say you needed a handicap cabin because of the sit down shower. This means you were "entitled" to a handicap cabin. Now NCL calls you and says someone has a "bigger" handicap than you and will you move?? This seems rather strange. No company, including NCL, can ask you to explain/justify your handicap. If you volunteered, then a different situation.

My question is this, what does NCL routinely ask for from someone booking a handicap cabin? Has anyone ever had to send them some sort of proof of handicap before booking? According to some, NCL has contacted individuals in the past to ask if they would be willing to move, I wonder how they determined who to contact and how they knew you were not handicapped?

We were in a handicap cabin on our very first NCL cruise. We did not ask for it, did not know it was a handicap cabin until we boarded and were never asked before, during or after our cruise if we were handicapped. How would they know?

Sometimes when I travel with my SIL she requires a HC cabin. Sometimes....not always.....they e-mail me a form that needs to be filled out and faxed back to them. I do know that they will bring in a sitting stool for the shower for those that need it but that don't actually need the HC door to get their scooter/wheelchair through.

Harriet

They let you book this before final payment without a special needs form? These rooms have cabin and bathroom doors at least 32" wide so a wheelchair user can get in side. If you get it as a GTY then more power to you! :)

Yes - we have one booked for our next cruise. We did not have to fill out a form. I guess if it comes down to it, they will ask us for one. We may or may not need the cabin. We were advised directly by NCL to book the cabin in case we do end up needing it, as the cabins are limited.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi all just joined this site.

3 Days ago I booked a H5 The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony on the Epic for March 2020, directly with Norwegian.

They assigned us cabin 16029 which is the handicap cabin.

We aren't handicapped but the agent said since it was the last one he booked it.

We only found out its status after the booking.

Honestly I am surprised they booked it out to a non handicapped client over a year in advance.

Comments welcome!