Two in a suite and two in inside. What will happen?

Regguy

Suites and Money are always the issue. If you actually read what the OP posted, you will see that they are paying more money by having 2 cabins, so yes, they are paying for it. They would have saved money being able to book the family of 4 in a suite. So those that claim you are "paying extra" for the suite, just look. This family is paying more since they have to have the inside cabin. Just more food for thought.

Plus, the OP was only asking about embarkation, NOT all of the other issues that people feel they needed to bring up again and again ad nauseam.

You are only looking at it from the pax side. You have to look at it from the NCL or revenue side. It is just the same as leasing to 2 entities. Yes, OP is paying more. But they are getting more. And what that is, is exactly what anyone would who books an inside cabin: a room and a bathroom. The price does not include perks. OP is getting more but had they occupied a suite with 4 NCL could still sell the inside.

The OP could choose a sailing where there is a suite that sleeps 4 but tgry chose not to.

Suites and Money are always the issue. If you actually read what the OP posted, you will see that they are paying more money by having 2 cabins, so yes, they are paying for it. They would have saved money being able to book the family of 4 in a suite. So those that claim you are "paying extra" for the suite, just look. This family is paying more since they have to have the inside cabin. Just more food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't know. I think the term "or whatever" in the OP left things wide open to interpretation...

and that is what many people do around here....Interpret rather than simply answer the question at hand.

Wouldn't want any one to get anything they did not pay for and they will tell you what you deserve in no uncertain terms. Just an FYI, there really are people who get suite perks without "paying" for them. They are called VIP's and the did "pay" for those perk if you know what I mean.

Edited by Beaver1975

OP, I think you will find that the concierge will work with you. I only cruise in suites on NCL....It's the only reason I choose NCL because I think the food sucks....the suites are awesome but NCL food sucks!

So, I've been in your situation before, we have one suite for me and dh and then one inside cabin for our minor children. This is not all that uncommon. And, some of the pop are incorrect when they say you get suite perks only if you pay for it. They are a bit flexible when the issue comes to minor children. The concierge will help you were they can. Early boarding...no problem AT ALL! Priority disembarkation....No problem at all! Priority theater seating...no problem. Allowing the kids into the courtyard....no problem. Making dinner reservations for you....no problem. The only place it might be a problem is dining in Cagneys for breakfast/lunch because the staff in Cagney's isn't associated with the Concierge and they carefully check the boarding cards of everyone eligible guest. But even then, if it is your family....i.e. your minor children, they will still try to work with you if they can.

A family with minor children is viewed differently than another adult couple who are traveling together.

OP, I think you will find that the concierge will work with you. I only cruise in suites on NCL....It's the only reason I choose NCL because I think the food sucks....the suites are awesome but NCL food sucks!

Wow, you must lose a ton of weight on a 7 day cruise, what, with not eating the food that sucks.:rolleyes:

Maybe NCL could consider some of those inside rooms near the suites as suite rooms ONLY when booked with another suite or something. Charge more and solve this problem for everyone. Only issue I can see is the in room dining if their is no table. So, don't allow that in the insides so you don't have a mess. I wonder how many of these rooms are booked for families/kids that are in suites?

A family with minor children is viewed differently than another adult couple who are traveling together.

Not really. They still take up seats. As far as I can tell, the OP didn't say which sailing they are on. We are on a Christmas cruise, and all of the suites were sold out (even minis) long before we booked. If all those suites are full, that's already a lot of people who did pay for those perks.

Sometimes this issue depends on how full the cruise/suites are. Not just on minor children booked in non-suite cabins. If it's a holiday sailing (or even some spring breaks), there may not be any room for margin. Some people who are normally VIPs may not get that privilege according to the suite census.

I can't say that either side is wrong. We'll just ask politely, and if they say no, they say no. Maybe it's immoral even to ask because we haven't "paid" for all four, but so be it, I'm comfortable with it.

I'd say if your kids are 4 & 6 years old, they'll most likely accommodate. If they're 16 & 18... not so much.

As for immoral....whose morals are you trying to conform to? Use your own. If you're comfortable asking, ask. I would.

Good luck.

Stephen

Also sailing are DH's ex-wife, her husband and my stepdaughter. .... Everyone has been amazing to work with regarding logistics between our small family of 3, our family of 5 and our big family of 7.

And I suspect you have been the most amazing and flexible regarding your logistics, vacationing with ex's and priors isn't always easy, but awesome for your kids, call me a thread hi-jacker, but I couldn't let that go by without saying my hat's off to you for making such a vacation work.

You will find on this board that the suite regulars here will answer you with statements about only those that pay . . .

The way I read your post is that 2 adults and 2 children (and I'm assuming younger children) had to book the way you did because Norwegian did not have a cabin that would fit your family. I would guess that in this situation Norwegian and the concierge will "work" with you. I have seen some suite guests post on here that they have been able to board their family together and been able to get dinner reservations together.

My philosophy when cruising is been very nice and understanding of rules, but if NCL has required you to put one adult in the inside room with a child, then they should allow the family to do things together. My 2 cents and I'm sure others will not like what I've said.

I am a rule follower. I believe in it whole heartedly, but I really don't believe that every single person that will quote rules on suites is a 100% rule follower. My question to them is "have you ever gone 56mph in a 55mph zone?? Guess what, you just broke a rule.

I like what you had to say Debbie and I agree. I also follow the rules but I have been known to sneak my own candy into the movies.