Summit Dining Review

flowery

We just got off of the Summit on Dec 7th and ate all breakfasts and dinners in Blu. We were very impressed with the level of service from everyone. We found that it was less busy if we showed up early. While Eggs Benedict (one of my favourites) was not on the breakfast menu, we were able to order it and it was delicious. The made to order omelettes were excellent as were our daily smoothies - loved Mango. Now we will have to book in Aquaclass on all future Celebrity cruises!

cruised summit may 2013 and chose select dining and were very happy. Loved our waiter and assistant and table first night and requested them for duration of the cruise. Praised them first night and assumed them they would be taken care of and they bent over backwards for us every night. No problems getting drinks and service was great. Tipped them cash the last night and thoroughly enjoyed the mdr the nights we went. People love to be appreciated and respected and they will exceed your expectations. I've found that to be true in all walks of life.

ditto !

We just got off of the Summit on Dec 7th and ate all breakfasts and dinners in Blu. We were very impressed with the level of service from everyone. We found that it was less busy if we showed up early. While Eggs Benedict (one of my favourites) was not on the breakfast menu, we were able to order it and it was delicious. The made to order omelettes were excellent as were our daily smoothies - loved Mango. Now we will have to book in Aquaclass on all future Celebrity cruises!

You win and so does X.:D

I agree with lorilea. We were on Summit for a 14 day cruise in October. As an experiment, we booked Aqua class and ate most breakfasts and dinners in Blu. The food and service were exceptional. The beverage service was also exceptional. The food was hot and not bland. One of the highlights was the night I mistakenly ordered the roast chicken. It was incredible. I wouldn't think I would say that about simple roast chicken, but it really was that good. I realize that food is one of those subjective things, but we are now spoiled and will have to go Aqua class from now on.

We also enjoyed Qsine, but I think you have to be in the mood for the show to really like it.

Ohiodoglover

I agree with lorilea. We were on Summit for a 14 day cruise in October. As an experiment, we booked Aqua class and ate most breakfasts and dinners in Blu. The food and service were exceptional. The beverage service was also exceptional. The food was hot and not bland. One of the highlights was the night I mistakenly ordered the roast chicken. It was incredible. I wouldn't think I would say that about simple roast chicken, but it really was that good. I realize that food is one of those subjective things, but we are now spoiled and will have to go Aqua class from now on.

We also enjoyed Qsine, but I think you have to be in the mood for the show to really like it.

Ohiodoglover

That is the rtrouble with splashing out for a special treat. It turns out so good you want it all the time. We had O/V cabins until the first Balcony, and then we couldn't go back to O/V. I am worried that if we go AQ, my wife won't be able to go back to Balcony.:)

Ohiodoglover

I also ordered the roast chicken on the last night - on purpose - and found it to be really good as well! You're right about the beverage service as well.

That's great news about Blu on the Summit! I wonder how Blu compares on the other ships. We'll be on Constellation AQ next.

Good suggestions also to zero in on a waiter we like and try to get them the remainder of the trip.

Thanks everyone!!

I almost always order the roast chicken when I don't care for the current night's entrees. It's always been wonderful. I've sailed on Summit 5 times, Millenium and Constellation once each and always loved the food.

6 weeks from tomorrow I sail with 3 friends on Silhouette, a new ship for all of us. I expect the food to be great as usual, possibly with new choices.

I almost always order the roast chicken when I don't care for the current night's entrees. It's always been wonderful. I've sailed on Summit 5 times, Millenium and Constellation once each and always loved the food.

6 weeks from tomorrow I sail with 3 friends on Silhouette, a new ship for all of us. I expect the food to be great as usual, possibly with new choices.

I am sure you will have a great cruise, enjoy.:D

• 1 month later...
Cruised Summit May 2013 and chose Select Dining and were very happy. Loved our waiter and assistant and table first night and requested them for duration of the cruise. Praised them first night and assumed them they would be taken care of and they bent over backwards for us every night. No problems getting drinks and service was great. Tipped them cash the last night and thoroughly enjoyed the MDR the nights we went. People love to be appreciated and respected and they will exceed your expectations. I've found that to be true in all walks of life.

This describes my solo experience on the Summit last January almost to the letter. I used Select Dining and had wonderful service the first night from Jorge and Simone. The 2nd night I was seated in another waiter's section, and I didn't like him as much, so every night after that I asked to be seated in Jorge's section, even though I never made a reservation and always just walked in when I felt like eating. Tipped them cash the last night and asked if I could have a picture with them as well. Such nice people. I always felt taken care of. They helped make my first cruise really memorable. :)

Don't talk yourself into a bad vacation, I think you need to cruise with X first before you decide if it was a waste of time and money. Enjoy the cruise and don't let the little things ruin it.:D

Totally agree with your assessment!! If you are worried about little things such as changing the sheets every couple of days, then maybe you need to try Seaborne or Silver sea! Don't sweat the small stuff. I realize you are on a vacation but please!!! We change our sheets at home once a week. If you want a changing of the sheets more frequently, just ask!!