Online Check In Up And Running

I am on the Mariner July 31st sailing and I cannot find a link to a screen to print out boarding passes. We have our embarkation forms OK but obviously this is not the same thing?

2 emails to RCCL have not produced a response.

Anything else I can do? I saw that someone on Mariner had been able to find it but I don't........

VOS is VOYAGER of the Seas, right?

WE are going on Voyager a week from now and do not have access to online forms. Only to the Guest Information Forms.

That is correct-Voyager of the seas

please check to see if your GFI are complete, my seapass was up and running and ready to print a few days after i had completed the form.

am departing out of Cape Liberty so, idont know if that has anything to do with it:confused:

According to their Press Release "The company expects online check-in to be available for both brands' entire fleets by September.", so maybe it will take some time for each port to come into the system.....

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=rcl&script=410&layout=9&item_id=732903

Tipster,

Maybe it's because your sailing is only a week away and mine isn't until October 2? They aren't ready to check you in with Set Sail yet, but will be by October?

Murphy,

You're probably right. I called RCI customer service. They informed me that my specific ship and date is not on the list. No great loss, but I love to take advantage of all the new tech innovations.

I tried it for the Monarch for a 4 nighter in August and I have a Set Sail Pass already to board. It was very easy but I had filled out my documentation last week. Now that I have my documents and my set sail pass I want to get on right now and I don't want to wait until the end of August. Thanks for mentioning how to do this on these boards.

I know what you mean...I paid in full yesterday,discovered they took a coupon that I did not think they were,completed my online check in and got my set-sail pass:D I am so ready to go....

BYW...Mariner,Oct 2 out of Port Canaveral:p

Looks like the availability and functionality of this online check-in is changing daily! For example, it wasn't available for Serenade on June 15 but 6 days later it's working! So, for everybody still trying, just check back regularly!

I just finished registering for the 4 night Bahamas Cruise on the Majesty of The Seas leaving 10/24/05. I had no trouble with the exception that even after having filled out the home address etc. it still did not appear on the form. The site did say we would be notified when our setsail pass was completed.

Can't wait to see if it really does cut down the time of standing in line.

Murphy - You're right! I think after registering online just a few minutes ago, I definitely feel like doin' a SetSail Pass Dance!!

Woo Hoo!! :D

Terpnut - I too, was just able to register online for the Serenade 8/21/05 to Alaska Cruise.

Very cool!

Now I am set - I received my Cruise Documents in the mail last week, and now I am registered online with my SetSail Pass.

I am SO excited - it really seems more tangible now!!

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeee we did our Set Sail pass last night and maybe we'll get our cruise docs next week since we're on the sailing right after you! Several in our CC Roll Call have already received e-docs, but we wanted the binder thingee, so a bit longer for our wait .........sigh..........

I jut checked before the system went down for service, and still no luck on an area to print. Now that others here have been able to print their passes, especially on the Monarch, and I paid my fare ( along with 4 other cabins for family) I will check with RCCL in the morning to get their feedback. We still are 38 days out, so time is not of the essance.

Glad to hear so many able to print out their passes!!! Where's mine?:confused:

Rick

We have now been fully barcoded/printed for our Oct. 2nd sailing on Enchantment of the Seas from Quebec City and are learning this new dance and look forward to receiving the actual docs. This should really assist the congestion at check-in. Woohoo!

I tried it for the Monarch for a 4 nighter in August and I have a Set Sail Pass already to board. It was very easy but I had filled out my documentation last week. Now that I have my documents and my set sail pass I want to get on right now and I don't want to wait until the end of August. Thanks for mentioning how to do this on these boards.

I noticed that you were able to get your Set Sail Pass for the Monarch at the end of August, so called RCCL to find out why I couldn't print mine. Turns out my TA has not paid them! Now I understand why I can't print mine yet. Interesting to note that we must get our money in to RCCL or our TA on time or lose our cabin, yet TA's have another set of rules! HMMMMMMMMMM???:eek:

Rick

How did you pay your TA? With my TA, he just has RCI charge my credit card directly, and then they get their commission returned to them. Much cleaner than paying the TA and then having them pay the cruise line. And if you paid your TA more than a few days ago, it seems rather inappropriate for RCI not to have received the payment yet.

BTW, I assume that doing this complete online check-in well in advance does not have any effect on a possible (if unlikely) cabin upgrade, correct? Actually I guess that is a question that no one really knows the answer to. And what about if you wanted to inquire about an upgrade at check-in? I guess you are still speaking to someone at that time.

PS has anyone else tried to do the check-in using an expired passport as proof of identity? I have to try using the system again and see if it lets me get any further than last time.

How did you pay your TA? With my TA, he just has RCI charge my credit card directly, and then they get their commission returned to them. Much cleaner than paying the TA and then having them pay the cruise line. And if you paid your TA more than a few days ago, it seems rather inappropriate for RCI not to have received the payment yet.

If I paid by credit card, I would not have this problem. I agree that it is very inappropriate for a TA to hold any monies not due them for any period of time. The issue gets addressed tomorrow (Monday)!:cool:

Rick

If I paid by credit card, I would not have this problem. I agree that it is very inappropriate for a TA to hold any monies not due them for any period of time. The issue gets addressed tomorrow (Monday)!:cool:

Rick

You should always pay for travel with a credit card! That way, if something goes wrong, you can just get your credit card to dispute the charge. Plus I will be getting 2% of my cruise back in my Costco rebate check next year (AMEX/Costco True Savings card). Of course, if your TA gave you a discount by paying cash, it's a different story (and with a cruise the odds of there being a problem where you would want to do a chargeback are slim).

You should always pay for travel with a credit card! That way, if something goes wrong, you can just get your credit card to dispute the charge. Plus I will be getting 2% of my cruise back in my Costco rebate check next year (AMEX/Costco True Savings card). Of course, if your TA gave you a discount by paying cash, it's a different story (and with a cruise the odds of there being a problem where you would want to do a chargeback are slim).

Yep, I got a cash discount! I WILL get it straightened out.

Rick

Rick

Rick, I made my final payment back on June 13. I called my TA and gave the credit card number and though everything was set. The charge eveb showed on my statement. But when I when to print my SetSail Pass I was unable to. I' called RCI today and the TA did not make final payment yet. I have to call tomorrow and find out whats going on. RCI did say that my cabin is still held.

Archived