Online Check In Up And Running

I just did the online check in worked great. Now slow printed all the paper work and credit card info.

I hope they can clear the ship as fast as do this Now that would be wonderful.

VOS 8/26/05 out of NJ Bayonne.

I have completed my check in online but when I tried to print out the screen is not showing any barcode only X and the word barcode, has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you rectify it? We are sailing on Explorer of the Seas in September.

jenrie

About five days ago I could only get the regular boarding docs, but yesterday I was able to complete online check-in. This is for radiance. I wonder how much time this will actually save at the peir.

RUBRRICK

I filled all mine out too and it says to what for an email. It says everything is complete but there was nothing to print. I guess I will what and see what happens.

I got the same message when I completed the guest information, credit card, and seapass forms for our Jewel cruise in October. I tried to do the same for our upcoming Jewel transatlantic but it only has the guest information forms and I have already filled those out. I will check again a few weeks before we leave to see if I can do it online. We have a dial-up and it was extremely slow and I was disconnected several times but finally completed all the information.

I got the same message when I completed the guest information, credit card, and seapass forms for our Jewel cruise in October. I tried to do the same for our upcoming Jewel transatlantic but it only has the guest information forms and I have already filled those out. I will check again a few weeks before we leave to see if I can do it online. We have a dial-up and it was extremely slow and I was disconnected several times but finally completed all the information.

We now know that mine is due to my TA not paying what I sent in. Check to see if you have paid in full, then the bar code should come up.

Rick

This new system basically cuts your time-in-line to 3 to 5 minutes. You process all of the paperwork, credit card information for onboard purchases, and necessary information for check-in prior to arriving at the pier. All you have to show is your passport or ID/Birth Certificate, get your photo for your SeaPass and you're done. You also need to bring the bar-coded paperwork that you've printed as part of the process to embarkation.

I read somewhere that this is how RCCL will speed up the check-in process for all voyages.

Very cool.

We now know that mine is due to my TA not paying what I sent in. Check to see if you have paid in full, then the bar code should come up.

Rick

I have the same problem MY TA did hand the final payment over. Ieven paid with my credit card las month. So I'm on the phone tomorrow with raise hell withthe TA.

How do I contact RCI about problems with this? It is complaining about a bad expiration date when I try to use an expired passport (which is valid for proof), and when I change it to using a birth certificate, it starts complaining about some other bogus stuff. I wonder if they need to reset something from my original info entered before they enabled this new feature.

How do I contact RCI about problems with this? It is complaining about a bad expiration date when I try to use an expired passport (which is valid for proof), and when I change it to using a birth certificate, it starts complaining about some other bogus stuff. I wonder if they need to reset something from my original info entered before they enabled this new feature.

The best way is to phone them the phone number should be shown in the box marked contact us or it should be on the back of their holiday brochure. hope this helps.

Jenrie

Jenrie - that happened to me too. I just tried again the next day and the barcode was there. Probably just takes a little while, that's all.

thanks for advice I just kept trying and eventually was able to print them off. Hope this saves us time at Miami we usually check in at the crown & anchor check in but the last few times that very slow.

jenrie

The best way is to phone them the phone number should be shown in the box marked contact us or it should be on the back of their holiday brochure. hope this helps.

Jenrie

Thanks.. I found the number last night (actually early this morning) but they were closed when I called. I will try later today (probably open now but I have other stuff to do).

Sorry, I just found your reply. Yes, we are planning to visit her and her b/f while we're in Vancouver pre-cruise. I never asked how she felt about her character, but she still does promo events and seems to be plenty busy with other acting opportunities, so I'd guess she's okay with it all LOL

I finally got my online check-in completed and printed my Set Sail Pass! I called RCI earlier and the guy I spoke to pretty much confirmed that I would need to tell it that I was using my birth certificate instead of an expired passport (he checked with someone before telling me this). However, I had had the problem of their website complaining about some fields. So what I did was I went to the id area and reset all of the fields to the details (first item in the pulldown), and THEN it let me select Birth Certificate and I was able to complete the process. I linked my kids' reservation to mine both in the charging and in the contract screens, and only ended up with one Set Sail Pass with all of our names on it.

I finally got my online check-in completed and printed my Set Sail Pass! I called RCI earlier and the guy I spoke to pretty much confirmed that I would need to tell it that I was using my birth certificate instead of an expired passport (he checked with someone before telling me this). However, I had had the problem of their website complaining about some fields. So what I did was I went to the id area and reset all of the fields to the details (first item in the pulldown), and THEN it let me select Birth Certificate and I was able to complete the process. I linked my kids' reservation to mine both in the charging and in the contract screens, and only ended up with one Set Sail Pass with all of our names on it.
I hope I don't sound too preachy, but it would have been much better for you to simply renew your passport than to use a birth certificate. In the very near future, it is likely you won't be able to cruise anywhere without a valid passport anyhow!

I hope I don't sound too preachy, but it would have been much better for you to simply renew your passport than to use a birth certificate. In the very near future, it is likely you won't be able to cruise anywhere without a valid passport anyhow!

I only booked my cruise a month ago. If I wanted to renew our passports at that point I would have had to pay for expedited service. How much is that for two people (and what if I got for my kids too?). I have no idea what my vacation plans are for next year but for this year birth certificates work just fine, thank you, and I see no reason to waste $100-200 for passports that I do not need. Next year obviously I would have no choice. But I don't need them now.

The website should let you enter an expired passport if their current policy is to accept them. It's a bug in their system.

Archived