please help me decide

SUNCHASERXXX

going on a carnival cruise in feb 2014 for husbands 30th birthday.

Currently have booked

6 days on Freedom Key west, grand cayman and jamaica with balcony

considering changing it to

7 days on Liberty San Juan, Turks and Caicos, St Thomas and Bahamas private island with inside cabin no windows.

they both are equal same price.

which do you experienced cruisers feel would be a better time - a longer cruise but no windows in the room, or a shorter cruise with a balcony.

:confused:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Normally my answer would be the longer the better but considering the difference is an inside vs. a balcony, I would go with the shorter. I am one of those people who need light. My one and only inside cabin is still a fresh memory (even though it was over 50 years ago). I felt like I was sleeping in a closet. Many people will say you are only in your cabin to sleep but actually you are there a little more than that.

Enjoy your cruise whichever you choose!

i'm inclined to go with the longer cruise because of the ports of call. i absolutely love san juan and st. thomas. i think i would like turks and caicos and the bahamas are just a great stay on the ship stop. key west doesn't interest me, and jamaica is another stay on the ship stop for me. grand cayman is very fun. i'm with scrapnana though that a window is nice just not that nice to me. just my .02.

I would choose the longer cruise. The private island is wonderful. Peaceful, relaxing. Both the beach and water are amazing.

Grand Turk is my favorite. Great beach right there as you exit the dock. Free chairs. 25 yards away is the Margaritaville pool. Buy a drink and sit there all day. I love scuba-diving and snorkeling at Grand Turk.

The Liberty. It's longer and those ports are much better.

You're only in your cabin to sleep and shower, there is plenty of deck space to lay out and watch paradise. We've done insides, portholes, windows, balconies and suites. All were good, but quite frankly, a longer cruise is a better cruise.

My only concern would be a fee for switching ships or the added cost of air to San Juan. But possibly you have already factored these things in?

I'd say the longer too. We have had balconies, last was a free upgrade on Carnival Glory. We seldom used it. It is small, two chairs and a small table, no room for anything else. Seeing the ocean is no big thing for us. We spent summers growing up at the beach and now live at the NC beach.

Have an inside this Sunday. No outsides available but we don't mind insides, save $$$ with these too.