What to do if it rains? Was going to be our beach day :(

CruisingGatorGirl

Right now we have a 100% chance of rain. I know weather is unpredictable- I am from FL.

If it does end up being a rainy day, what are our options? Stay on ship?

This was going to be our beach day, and we do not really drink so don't want to sit at a bar.

Should we stay on the ship? Go to the rum cake factory?

Thanks in advance!

I would just wait and see what the weather is that morning! If it's raining, stick around the ship until the sun comes out, if you want to! There is shopping near the tender dock, if you simply want off the ship to stretch your legs!

There's really no need to plan this too far in advance!

unless there is a tropical storm it is pretty unusual to see rain ALL DAY.

I've spent a pretty fair amount of time in Cayman (dive trips) and altho there was a passing shower many days, they didn't last too long very often . . .

Today is the day CruisingGatorGirl is visiting our port... and it has been raining, off an on, but fortunately not the tropical heavy rain we sometimes get. Speaking of which...

Last night I got caught in one of those torrential downpours while driving home. The kind where you have to put the wipers on high and slow way down just so you can see where the road is! That is tropical heavy rain!

At the moment it is not raining at my office. A few blocks away at the port, the North and South terminals look good. A few blocks further north it looks like the rain is coming down at the Royal Watler Terminal according to the web cams. Rain can be very localized and finicky that way here in the islands,

Finally... at least it is rain and not snow. The only ice we need is in a mudslide.

Edited by drew sailbum