Corks and Caps Wine and Beer Package, is this new?

bamagrad92

Beer and Wine package for $44 a day. In the terms I did not see any blackout dates. Has anyone had experience with this package? Do you think it is available during black out (spring break) dates? This may be a better option than bringing wine on board. Thoughts?

It's not exactly new, it's been available since summer whereas UBP was rolled out during the winter. I don't think that it's a good deal because of the price, only $5 less per day than full UBP - maybe another $10 less per day and I'd personally consider that a viable option (I only drink wine during dinner - and usually only a glass or two max).

I too have noticed the lack of blackout dates but it might be a mistake, it doesn't say that the package wouldn't be unavailable on PoA either even though I've understood that under Hawaian laws alcohol packages would be illegal there.

Heck, if I was going to pay the $44 a day, I would just opt for the full package at 49.00. I was hoping they would have the special wine package, where you get 4 bottles for about $100.00. Someone did just get off the Sun about a month ago and said they did> I hope so, but $44 a day is for drinkers that drink more than I do and that is a lot.

I'm sure that it said it wasn't available from March to April...

You're sure that it said C&C wasn't available but it doesn't say that at all!

C&C: http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Corks-and-Caps-08052013.pdf

UBP: http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Ultimate-Beverage-Package10242013.pdf

As for the rest... two clicks on NCL.com will tell you the C&C package is $44 per day pp. So not sure why you're so :confused: ...

Do they still require that everyone over 21 in a cabin purchase it, if only one wants it? I would totally consider this or the UBP if that was the case. My wife barely has a drink per day. I read that Royal got rid of that requirement.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

NCL requires that all adults in the same cabin or payment method purchase the package. All pertinent information is on NCL.com.

Thanks. I figured it would be there. I guess I was more curious to see if anyone had heard any rumblings of them changing that rule.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Heck, if I was going to pay the $44 a day, I would just opt for the full package at 49.00. I was hoping they would have the special wine package, where you get 4 bottles for about $100.00. Someone did just get off the Sun about a month ago and said they did> I hope so, but $44 a day is for drinkers that drink more than I do and that is a lot.

We got off the Sun about two weeks ago and they did have the wine bottles package offered. It offered various levels of cost depending on which wines you selected. The cheapest was 4 bottles for $88 and it went up from there.

We got off the Sun about two weeks ago and they did have the wine bottles package offered. It offered various levels of cost depending on which wines you selected. The cheapest was 4 bottles for $88 and it went up from there.

oh thank you, thank you, thank you. If I understand correctly, there will be a table somewhere, it that right? I know our daughter and son in law purchased it on our cruise in Jan. We, on the other hand brought about 6 bottles on board, paying the $15 corkage fee. I would so much rather do the 4 bottle plan. We will be on an 11 day cruise so will need to purchase at least 8 bottles.

Now, even the crappy weather here, is ok, as long as I get my wine on the ship.

The following is taken from the NCL UK website, it clearly states that neither package is available during the spring break. What's more I can confirm that this was the case during our Canary Islands cruise last March.

http://www.ncl.co.uk/already-booked/gifts-and-more/ultimate-beverage/terms/

Thanks. NCL strives for confusion. That page doesn't exist on the US (.com) site.

You're sure that it said C&C wasn't available but it doesn't say that at all!

C&C: http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Corks-and-Caps-08052013.pdf

UBP: http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Ultimate-Beverage-Package10242013.pdf

As for the rest... two clicks on NCL.com will tell you the C&C package is $44 per day pp. So not sure why you're so :confused: ...

Well that told me - I'll make sure I clearly validate my posts next time :D

I was "sure" about March to April because i noted it in my little grey cells as i wasnt at first sure why they would do that.

As I said I'm not a drinker so "thought" it was less but wasn't "sure" and obviously didn't remember clearly as I didn't pay that much attention to that fact.

As for confusion I am confused as to why "I don't believe that to be correct..." wouldn't suffice...:confused:

In just "two clicks" you can go to NoNeedToBeRude.co.uk...:D

oh thank you, thank you, thank you. If I understand correctly, there will be a table somewhere, it that right? I know our daughter and son in law purchased it on our cruise in Jan. We, on the other hand brought about 6 bottles on board, paying the $15 corkage fee. I would so much rather do the 4 bottle plan. We will be on an 11 day cruise so will need to purchase at least 8 bottles.

Now, even the crappy weather here, is ok, as long as I get my wine on the ship.

Was on the SUN July SB Alaska the Wine Package was available and a real hit

with my group.

The Wine Package - sample - my vary with supply and demand:

The Enthusiast

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California

___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

Hope that NCL has a similar arrangement on the STAR Oct 2014 !