Beach with amenities close to Havensight for 1/2 day?

stefanny28

Hi;

We will probably shop at Yatch Haven Grande in the morning then go back to the ship for lunch.

Which beach is close to Havensight if we want to spend a few hours in the afternoon?

I heard that Morningstar is not too far. Is there any amenities (rental chair/umbrella)?

How much for a taxi ride from Havensight?

Any other close by beach?

Thanks

From Havensight Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald for the Best Western Emerald Beach Plus Resort) is a pretty good drive through downtown traffic and is on the other side of Crown Bay close to the airport. We haven't visited Morningstar but have Lindbergh which is a decent beach for a short visit like yours. Many people like both so for a very short visit I would try Morningstar but again can't compare.

Here's a map to show the locations -

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/images/st-thomas-island-road-map.html

DH and I went to Morningstar beach for a couple of hours last Feb. It wasn't a bad beach to spend a few hours on. Water was a little wavy/rough but not too bad. I went in it and I don't like rough water.

If you plan on having any adult beverages plan on paying an arm and a leg for them. If I remember correctly beers were around $5.00 or $6.00. Fancy drinks were $10.00 and up. To expensive for our budget. Luckily someone told us that the little store inside the hotel has bottles of beer for 3.00 so that is where we got our beverages. But the only problem is that it is a long walk to get there. But it's a nice walk up (hotel is on a hill) through the hotel grounds with nice landscaping and nice views. We even saw several iquanas sunning them selves on the rocks. The store is on the second floor (if I remember correctly). Just wanted to let you know that option is available. If you decide to do this it might make sense to bring a small cooler so the beers stay cold on the walk back.

At the taxi area by the ship they put us in with other people going to MS so I think it was only 4.00pp each way.

I would post some pictures here but I don't know how...sorry!

DH and I went to Morningstar beach for a couple of hours last Feb. It wasn't a bad beach to spend a few hours on. Water was a little wavy/rough but not too bad. I went in it and I don't like rough water.

If you plan on having any adult beverages plan on paying an arm and a leg for them. If I remember correctly beers were around $5.00 or $6.00. Fancy drinks were $10.00 and up. To expensive for our budget. Luckily someone told us that the little store inside the hotel has bottles of beer for 3.00 so that is where we got our beverages. But the only problem is that it is a long walk to get there. But it's a nice walk up (hotel is on a hill) through the hotel grounds with nice landscaping and nice views. We even saw several iquanas sunning them selves on the rocks. The store is on the second floor (if I remember correctly). Just wanted to let you know that option is available. If you decide to do this it might make sense to bring a small cooler so the beers stay cold on the walk back.

At the taxi area by the ship they put us in with other people going to MS so I think it was only 4.00pp each way.

I would post some pictures here but I don't know how...sorry!

Those drink prices typical at most of the beaches. It is the biggest cost of relaxing at a nice beach though! :rolleyes:

A cooler with drinks is a great idea as long as the resort doesn't restrict that, and we would go one further and grab a picnic and drinks at the Gourmet Gallery deli right there in Havensight. They have the best deli on the island.

Have a fun day!

bluewater...We have never paid that much for a beer on the beach even in St Thomas. Typically we pay anywhere from $2.00 to $4.00. The norm is usually around $3.00 It's been about 4 years now but I remember we only paid $2.50 a beer on Megans bay beach. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure they are more now though.