Contacing the Concierge

I did find the thread on here about who the Concierges are, but I couldn't find the answer to this question:

How long before a cruise should you contact them with a special request? My husband is lactose intolerant and although we have it set in our preferences, it often gets missed. We are doing a lot of specialty dining and I just want the restaurants to know this in advance. When they do, even the MDR goes out of their way to serve the appropriate foods and they do a wonderful job.

Also, is this something I should even contact them about?

Tara

I did find the thread on here about who the Concierges are, but I couldn't find the answer to this question:

How long before a cruise should you contact them with a special request? My husband is lactose intolerant and although we have it set in our preferences, it often gets missed. We are doing a lot of specialty dining and I just want the restaurants to know this in advance. When they do, even the MDR goes out of their way to serve the appropriate foods and they do a wonderful job.

Also, is this something I should even contact them about?

Tara

for dietary issues you need to contact special needs, not the concierge, who has nothing to do with restaurants other than to make your reservations for you. then once on baord stop by the maitre D at each restaurant to remind them.

I have a shellfish allergy and Chef's Table was able to adjust on the fly with about 10 minutes advance notice.

for dietary issues you need to contact special needs, not the concierge, who has nothing to do with restaurants other than to make your reservations for you. then once on baord stop by the maitre D at each restaurant to remind them.

I have a shellfish allergy and Chef's Table was able to adjust on the fly with about 10 minutes advance notice.

Thank you both!:D I will contact special needs. Do you guys think it is too early now?

Tara

P.S. Spookwife, my son works at the White House!;)

So what sort of things, other than a cabana in Labadee, (which we will not be stopping at) do people ask of the Concierge?

I just want to make sure that we are not neglecting something that we should be asking ahead of time.:)

Signed,

A Suite Virgin:D aka Tara

So what sort of things, other than a cabana in Labadee, (which we will not be stopping at) do people ask of the Concierge?

I just want to make sure that we are not neglecting something that we should be asking ahead of time.:)

Signed,

A Suite Virgin:D aka Tara

I've made specialty restaurant reservations for a large group before.

We learned our "next-door neighbors" had a birthday. Concierge (JD on Radiance) helped us send over a Champagne bottle. Also, due to a flight scheduling issue he managed to squeeze us into the absolute first group disembarking (not that I wanted to leave...).

Really I suppose it's not so much for the things you CAN think of in advance, but those you CAN'T think of.

We learned our "next-door neighbors" had a birthday. Concierge (JD on Radiance) helped us send over a Champagne bottle. Also, due to a flight scheduling issue he managed to squeeze us into the absolute first group disembarking (not that I wanted to leave...).

Really I suppose it's not so much for the things you CAN think of in advance, but those you CAN'T think of.

How Cool are you guys!?:cool: I want to be your next door neighbors!!:D

Tara