Friend requests on Cruise Critic?

mn_isla_girl

You can set up a "dummy" email account that you only use for the roll call. When you put it into the text, don't use the @ and . symbols, spell them out. You're less likely to be found by phishing activity that way.

Private tours would be much more difficult to do without email. :)

About 4 years ago, accepting someone as a friend meant that you could communicate privately. I guess that's not true anymore or someone else here would know about it.

As far as people being attacked privately, that didn't happen, because you had to accept a friend first.

If you join another forum (I use Trip Advisor) with the same username and avatar, people can find you there and send you a PM. I have had people do that several times after I suggested it.

I have people that contact me on here that way all the time.

I have a lot of people that are always asking to be "friends". I only accept if I "know" them...as in have made "friends" with them on here, cruised with them, talk a lot in threads together and so on. The only benefit for me is that if I want to see what they're up to in cruising at any point, I can look them up. Other than that, it's pretty much a useless feature. :)