Just back from the Breeze

Mutumbojimbo

We're waiting to disembark from our 6 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. We had a very good time, I'll try to do a review soon but, let me know if you have specific questions.

In general, we had fun, but think we'll head back to the smaller ships. We just felt that the crew have so much to do and have to cover so much ground that we didn't get to know them and they, for the most part, didn't get to know us.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What is the average age? Do people dress to elegant night? How was the food to the MDR. Thank you.

There were a surprising number of children but they seemed well behaved. I saw quite a few tuxes on the first formal night, the second night had less participation. We thought the food was good, as usual, but the waiters had lots of tables and it's pretty far from the front of the dining room back to the galley, so it can take them a while to get the food out. We really enjoyed the Red Frog Pub and Ocean Plaza.

I too, sailed "Breeze" recently, and I too prefer the smaller, more intimate ships. I had a GREAT time aboard, but it just didn't have the same feeling that you get with fewer passengers, and a crew that actually gets to know you. :cool:

"SKY"

I was on this cruise. I had a nice time, but it wasn't a favorite. After the Sunshine in May and now the Breeze, I feel the crowds a lot more. The food was fine and the entertainment was fine. I really don't have any other complaints. Personally, I feel I am moving away from the Carnival product, but they still have a place.

I was on this cruise. I had a nice time, but it wasn't a favorite. After the Sunshine in May and now the Breeze, I feel the crowds a lot more. The food was fine and the entertainment was fine. I really don't have any other complaints. Personally, I feel I am moving away from the Carnival product, but they still have a place.

I saw your posts on the Roll Call, I'm sorry we didn't meet up. We tried an informal meet up on the first day, but I think the chaotic embarkation threw off people's schedules.

Could you do a quick comparison between breeze and sunshine? Which is better? Thanks

I saw your posts on the Roll Call, I'm sorry we didn't meet up. We tried an informal meet up on the first day, but I think the chaotic embarkation threw off people's schedules.

This was our first cruise, and we're wondering; was that line up outside of the cruise terminal the norm or was something FUBAR?

This was our first cruise, and we're wondering; was that line up outside of the cruise terminal the norm or was something FUBAR?

Definitely FUBAR. There may have been some customs or immigration issue. Our friends heard that there were still 700 people from the previous cruise on board at 11:00 am, which is not normal.

Did you have a good time?

We're waiting to disembark from our 6 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. We had a very good time, I'll try to do a review soon but, let me know if you have specific questions.

In general, we had fun, but think we'll head back to the smaller ships. We just felt that the crew have so much to do and have to cover so much ground that we didn't get to know them and they, for the most part, didn't get to know us.

Did you experience "the smell" that seems to be plaguing this class of ships? I've read repeatedly that it seems to be in the aft. We have an aft wrap balcony booked and I'm wondering if we need to rethink that, based on the odor?

Did you experience "the smell" that seems to be plaguing this class of ships? I've read repeatedly that it seems to be in the aft. We have an aft wrap balcony booked and I'm wondering if we need to rethink that, based on the odor?

I didn't notice "the smell" but our cabin was forward. We spent some time aft on the Lido and deck 11, and there were no unusual odors.

We had tea and sat by the windows that look aft, the view was amazing.

I didn't notice "the smell" but our cabin was forward. We spent some time aft on the Lido and deck 11, and there were no unusual odors.

We had tea and sat by the windows that look aft, the view was amazing.

Thanks much!

Looking forward to your review, we will be on the breeze Jan 12 western 6 day, so you had 2 formal nights? When I asked the carnival agent on phone she told me we would have 1 formal night. Any idea if 6 day western would be different?

Looking forward to your review, we will be on the breeze Jan 12 western 6 day, so you had 2 formal nights? When I asked the carnival agent on phone she told me we would have 1 formal night. Any idea if 6 day western would be different?

If you have 2 sea days, I would guess that you'll have 2 cruise elegant nights. Participation was really good on the first, and much more hit-or-miss on the 2nd.

Definitely FUBAR. There may have been some customs or immigration issue. Our friends heard that there were still 700 people from the previous cruise on board at 11:00 am, which is not normal.

Did you have a good time?

We sure did! I thought the food was really quite good; I'd been sort of scared by so-so reviews. I loved the ladies in their bling on cruise elegant nights. Were you the fellow wearing your suit inside-out for the pub quiz? Haha.