Crown Princess - Air Conditioning

suntan

Just returned from the Crown on Dec. 7th. Air conditioning in R702 was fine. Toilet did not flush on two different days during the week but was fixed quickly after we reported it. Don't know if anyone else was having problems.

~~Maun

We had the same experience on the same cruise in cabin B734.

If this is a starboard problem only, then I will survive. Not so if I have to deal with it port side. We are boarding Saturday; port side on Emerald. I will do a LIVE as usual and address the A/C problem. If there is one.

Thanks Pia, I look forward to your "live from" thread. I'm boarding the Crown in a month. Hope you have a great cruise!

Ron

Glad they were able to fix the problem quickly. When they fixed it' date=' did they come into the room, or was it fixed remotely, from one of those access closets, out in the hall?

Thanks.[/quote']

Honestly, I have no idea. It only happened when we were getting ready to leave for dinner/pool, and it was always fixed by the time we got back. The first time, there were multiple cabins affected (per another passenger looking for the room steward in the hallway), so I assume it was fixed remotely.

Glad they were able to fix the problem quickly. When they fixed it' date=' did they come into the room, or was it fixed remotely, from one of those access closets, out in the hall?

Thanks.[/quote']

One time they did it from outside and the other time they had to come in to the cabin. Both times were fixed within 20 minutes of calling.

~~Maun

• 11 months later...

For what it is worth, we sailed the west coast of the U.S. on the Crown P. for 7 days Sep/Oct of 2014 high and forward on L241 (Lido). The A/C in the inside room was on, but it could not get the room below 70°F even during the middle of the night when the outside temp was below that (I had A/C turned all the way down). I found this to be true on the Star P. as well during an Alaska cruise, so I suspect that the design of the ship does not bode well for cool rooms.

I'm not saying that the air-conditioner did not work at all. It is just that my wife and I like to sleep in a very cool room at night and we could not get it cooler than about 70°. Probably for most people that is just fine. Cool air came out of the vent, but not much of it. The toilet always worked perfectly.