Crown Princess - Air Conditioning

suntan

I am posting this to inform those who are booked on the Crown Princess that your stateroom may not have air conditioning. This is a ship wide problem. We were on the Crown November 16-23/13 and our stateroom and most of those on our side of the deck - starboard, Deck 11 - had no air conditioning. Another passenger we spoke to said the same - they were starboard on Deck 9. You will notice that as you walk through the ship there are areas with a/c and others with none. As we had a balcony stateroom we opened our balcony door each time we were in it and all through the night. I felt sorry for those passengers in inside staterooms - it must have been unbearable with the temperatures in the Caribbean reaching 85 degrees. Princess, get it fixed!!

Gosh, this following the recent thread concerning toilet troubles on the Crown.

I had wanted to book a Coastal Cruise on the Crown, but it definitely looks like trouble.

How were the air and the toilets on Emerald Deck mini suites, starboard side?

Anyone?

We were on her first sailing back November 9 and while we did not have any problems we heard of many who did. In case you are interested, we were on Caribe Forward .... it seems that many with AC and toilet problems were aft.

Incidentally, someone wrote a mini review of our cruise and a few came on to mention their airconditioning problems. Unfortunately, the OP wanted that review to mention only the good things about the cruise. Even someone who had not yet been on Crown and who was going to be on her in January stated that they did not want to hear anything bad about her, that this was not the place.:confused: (Obviously, I am still stunned about that. You would think they'd want to know what area of the ship was affected and book accordingly.) One of the suites back there was without air the entire trip I believe. They were told to be thankful they weren't in a tsunami. Anyway, Caribe forward was OK for us.

Edited by mafig

Gosh' date=' this following the recent thread concerning toilet troubles on the Crown.

I had wanted to book a Coastal Cruise on the Crown, but it definitely looks like trouble.

How were the air and the toilets on Emerald Deck mini suites, starboard side?

Anyone?[/quote']

We were in E731 on the trans-Atlantic that ended in FLL on 11/9/13. No problems at all with air or toilet (at least not at that time).

Sorry to hear of your trouble on the Crown.

Did you report the problem to anyone? Did you try leaving the door shut and letting the air conditioning build up?

We were C deck forward in the summer and had no problems, nor did I hear anyone complaining.

Sorry to hear of your trouble on the Crown.

Did you report the problem to anyone? Did you try leaving the door shut and letting the air conditioning build up?

We were C deck forward in the summer and had no problems, nor did I hear anyone complaining.

We did not report the problem as others had and nothing was fixed. We had the door shut all day except when we were in it to change or sleep. The a/c never worked. We put our hand up to the vent and only a bit of cold could be felt. So it seems it works but there is be a flow issue. I forgot to mention we were in stateroom B633. We had a fab time despite this problem - we met great people, ate great food, and had some great times ashore.

Sorry to hear of this. This can put quite a damper on a cruise.

We could have let this bother us but we didn't. Time is too short to let these little things get in the way of enjoying one self. Having the balcony door opened over night was very soothing hearing the waves and the breeze was lovely.

We were on the Crown Transatlantic which arrived in Fort Lauderdale on 11/9. I didn't hear of any toilet or air conditioning problems. We were in Caribe 323. I will say, the weather was not hot so not having air wouldn't have been a major problem.

We were on the 11/16 sailing , Our cabin was Caribe aft. My husband was warm the whole week. It was perfect for me. I did notice some of the public areas weren't as cold as normal. We were without a bathroom for a day. No fault to the Crown. Apparently somebody flushed a compact down a toilet. They did their best to get everything up and running .

Air conditioning is a must for me in a tropical climate.

Had this occurred on one of our cruises I would have disembarked at the first port and returned home.

I don't need a vacation where comfort is not included.

Mike:)

What is really bad is when you're having a hot flash in 85-87 degree climate and there's no a/c for relief. :D You feel like finding the galley and stepping into the deep freezer. :D I hope the mechanics on the Crown fix the toilet and a/c problems soon for all the future passengers that will be sailing on her this winter.

We were on the Crown for 2 weeks cabin E733 and no problems with anything. I just don't understand why you wouldn't report the problem. If you don't report it just because others have something similar wrong, it could be something not related and fixed. If nobody reported problems they would never know things were wrong.

We were on the Crown for 2 weeks cabin E733 and no problems with anything. I just don't understand why you wouldn't report the problem. If you don't report it just because others have something similar wrong, it could be something not related and fixed. If nobody reported problems they would never know things were wrong.

Thanks for letting us know that you had a good experience in E733. It is great to know that another aft cabin had no problems. I so appreciate hearing this.

Thanks again...

What is really bad is when you're having a hot flash in 85-87 degree climate and there's no a/c for relief. :D You feel like finding the galley and stepping into the deep freezer. :D I hope the mechanics on the Crown fix the toilet and a/c problems soon for all the future passengers that will be sailing on her this winter.

I totally agree. I love coming back from a port, all hot and tired, and stepping into an air conditioned cabin - luxury!

Just returned from the Crown on Dec. 7th. Air conditioning in R702 was fine. Toilet did not flush on two different days during the week but was fixed quickly after we reported it. Don't know if anyone else was having problems.

~~Maun

If this is a starboard problem only, then I will survive. Not so if I have to deal with it port side. We are boarding Saturday; port side on Emerald. I will do a LIVE as usual and address the A/C problem. If there is one.

Thanks so much. Will look forward to your reports.

Just returned from the Crown on Dec. 7th. Air conditioning in R702 was fine. Toilet did not flush on two different days during the week but was fixed quickly after we reported it. Don't know if anyone else was having problems.

~~Maun

Glad they were able to fix the problem quickly. When they fixed it, did they come into the room, or was it fixed remotely, from one of those access closets, out in the hall?

Thanks.

I am surprised it took so long to get it sorted and sorry for fellow passengers who had aircon problems. We were on the Transatlantic and the cruise prior to that. Early on things were fine in the heat of the Canary Islands but as we were getting closer to the US and getting more humid and hot I noticed the aircon wasn't working right. We kept reporting it and a technician did come and try to do something to the thermostat but nothing helped. I was miserable as I take medication which gives me flushes and couldn't get cool. On the last morning we heard a fellow passenger ask the steward if it had been mended as most of our deck Emerald starboard had problems - nobody had told us that.

It must have been pretty unpleasant in the Caribbean heat. So happy it is mended.