Low Salt Diet

Acrusa

Just put on low salt diet. Does anyone know if the Canyon Ranch selections are lower in salt?

Are the Waves hamburgers pre salted? Any hints for low salt diet while on cruise would be helpful.

My Ta put a note in my file for no or low sodium meals

on the ship they give me a menu the night before to make my selections then I give it to the desk before 10am

When I go for dinner I just tell them I have a "special meal" they take my cabin # & it comes to the table course by course

When I go to the Terrace I just make choices that I think are less sodium content or ask the chef

At Waves we just get the fries no salt added did not inquire about the burgers I usually choose something else

They do the low sodium well ...it worked for me

Lyn

My husband requires a low salt diet. I emailed Oceania and they noted it on his file. Each day he was given a form to file out on his menu selections and his meals were then made low salt. I believe it was Main Dining room and specialty restaurant if were had a reservation. You had to turn the form in by about 10:00 am each morning. It was pretty simple.

Just put on low salt diet. Does anyone know if the Canyon Ranch selections are lower in salt?

Are the Waves hamburgers pre salted? Any hints for low salt diet while on cruise would be helpful.

Just have your TA ask and they will accommodate your needs on board.

Most things are cooked to order and I always ask for "no added salt," that which every chef adds just before presentation. I believe Canyon Ranch is lower in salt to begin with but they will tell you in the dinning room if you ask.

NO salt., which does not seem to be what you asked about, would have to be pre-ordered the day before.

Another item to have your TA ask for is to have your cabin stocked with low sodium content water. A lot of bottled water has a high sodium content. I don't know where you are sailing, but I found this true when we were in the Middle East and my ankles were swelling. I was drinking a lot of water because it was hot.

I stated looking at the sodium content and was amazed at what some of the brands showed, especially the ones they brought on from local suppliers. Your best bet is to find a couple of brands with low sodium and make a specific request. Nestle's is one available many places and has 30mg of salt per 16.9 oz. er. Just an FYI.

Another item to have your TA ask for is to have your cabin stocked with low sodium content water. A lot of bottled water has a high sodium content. I don't know where you are sailing, but I found this true when we were in the Middle East and my ankles were swelling. I was drinking a lot of water because it was hot.

I stated looking at the sodium content and was amazed at what some of the brands showed, especially the ones they brought on from local suppliers. Your best bet is to find a couple of brands with low sodium and make a specific request. Nestle's is one available many places and has 30mg of salt per 16.9 oz. er. Just an FYI.

Or drink the ship's water

Yes, but it's harder to take with you on a shore excursion!:D

Not if you take your own refillable bottle ;)

or just clean & refill one from the ship

You can buy water pouches that fold flat when not in use

http://www.completeoutdoors.co.uk/images/products/7545/thumbs/SoftBottle-Mountains.jpg

Edited by LHT28

Not if you take your own refillable bottle ;)

or just clean & refill one from the ship

You can buy water pouches that fold flat when not in use

http://www.completeoutdoors.co.uk/images/products/7545/thumbs/SoftBottle-Mountains.jpg

Sorry Lyn, my attempt at being cute about taking the ship with you wasn't worded well. Yes, true and I have done this. But some people don't care for the ship's water. Was just trying to be helpful about watching the sodium content on bottled water.

Sorry Lyn, my attempt at being cute about taking the ship with you wasn't worded well. Yes, true and I have done this. But some people don't care for the ship's water. Was just trying to be helpful about watching the sodium content on bottled water.

I cannot imagine why someone would find the ship's water unacceptable ;)

Wonder if they have tried Florida water :D

Yes of course you need to check the sodium content

Watched a program on TV the other day about bottled water ...they did a study on it & found many brands were contaminated with e-coli & other bacteria ..pretty scary when you think about it

Some brands come from the municipal water supply.. just put in a convenient size bottle & charge $ for it

Bottle water in most cases is trendy

In some areas it is required :rolleyes:

Lyn