Anyone use 7 Bus to get from Long Island to NYC Pier??

hunnibee72

Hi,

We are a family of 4 traveling on the Carnival Splendor on 1/20/2102. We were wondering if anyone has used the 7 Bus to get into the city from eastern Long Island and then taken a taxi from 50th and 3rd to the Manhattan port. It is considerably cheaper to use the bus then to park at the pier, $71 round trip for the 4 of us, plus the taxi fare for the 1.6 miles to the pier. Has anyone tried this or have any information about it. It sounds like a great plan, just want to make sure we aren't making a mistake before we book it.... Thanks to all in advance!!

Melissa

On first glance the bus looks good. Have you contacted them to ask about how they handle luggage? You want to be sure they can put your luggage under the bus.

I'd be more concerned about catching the bus for the return trip. I wouldn't want to be standing on a corner with luggage in NYC waiting for a bus in Jan.

Would it be possible to return home on the LIRR and take a cab to your car?

So what do you think about hanging out on a NYC street corner on a Tuesday morning in late Jan waiting for this bus on your return? It wouldn't be my choice if I had an hourly train option from Penn Station.

I would take the train also. All things considered the train from Ronkonkoma will be quicker than driving.