Question on Cruise Documents

macbest

Just received our documents for our Oceania cruise. This is our first. Much to our surprise, there was no cruise "ticket". All other cruise lines we have been on had an actual paper ticket that you present prior to boarding. Is this something different with Oceania? When we inquired with our TA, they stated that Oceania doesn't provide tickets. My concern is being at the port in Athens with nothing but the folio.

Our package consisted of tags, shore excursion booklet, air line reservations.

Please let me know the experience of those who have traveled Oceania recently. I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts on this subject yet.

Thanks!

Guest Jancruz

Actually, if you turned up with your passport and nothing else you would be boarded..remember E tickets..you dont have paper airline tickets anymore either..

Not to worry

Jan:)

When we cruised in April last year, the "ticket" looked like a travel agent's itinerary page showing our names, travel date, itinerary and cabin number. (You have to read carefully to discern the identity of that page.) Then there were also the included air "tickets", etc. (Just as now, with e-tickets, for air travel, you print out a page from your own computer with a "record locator number", dates, flight numbers and schedule, etc.)

What I'm worried about is the transfer voucher referred to in the info packet--we got nothing. How do you prove you are entitled to transfer from Heathrow to Dover if you have nothing in the packet. I thought the transfer was included if you took Oceania air. Thanks for responding. DDcruiser

What I'm worried about is the transfer voucher referred to in the info packet--we got nothing. How do you prove you are entitled to transfer from Heathrow to Dover if you have nothing in the packet. I thought the transfer was included if you took Oceania air. Thanks for responding. DDcruiser

On you receipt for the cruise you received from your travel agent..does it state transfers included? Take that with you. It seems like the cruiseline changes that routine with every cruise so may or may not be included . We bought our transfers from them in Buenos Aires thinking it would be easier then just grabbing a taxi..ha ha

What is supposed to happen is that when you get to the airport ( arrival) you search for the Oceania representative ( who should be holding a sign that says Oceania)..that person will have you ( hopefully) on the list and take you to the bus for transfer. We spent over an hour looking for that person and when I found her we were not on her list, so after a yelling match we were put on their bus.. just hope that you have better luck.

We found out the hard way that with "Free air" transfers are not included.

Also if you take the hotel package from O they say transfers are included but we only got 1 free instead of 2. At $99. pp per transfer in London/Dover I would book my own.

Just talked to our TA who swears he talked to Oceania and, even though we have no paper transfers, they assured him that we are just to look for Oceania at baggage claim and we are "on the bus" to Dover for sure. Boy, I hope so or it will be an awful screaming match which I hate after a long flight. DDCruiser

Guest Jancruz

If you have free air and did not pay for transfers..you do not have any transfers..check it out

Jan

We are booked on Regatta, Dover to Stockholm next month. We have not received travel documents yet. We got free air. On our "guest statement" from Oceania the air is shown as an add on but with cost $0. The transfers are shown with a charge. My guess is that if it doesn't show on your statement you don't have a paid transfer from Oceania. On other cruises we have always gotten separate transfer documents. But we also got tickets!

Guest Jancruz

John,

The person that was writing said the agent "called the cruise line" so that indicates to me they did not have a group with paid transfers..or that agent should/would have known..you are correct tho, some agencies may offer transfers..

We found out the hard way that with "Free air" transfers are not included.

Also if you take the hotel package from O they say transfers are included but we only got 1 free instead of 2. At $99. pp per transfer in London/Dover I would book my own.

Our travel agent told us since our first cruise on Oceania that the free air offer doesn't include transfers, and repeatedly reminds us that we haven't purchased transfers every time she looks at one of our invoices - I would hope that other agents were as conscientious!

Our travel agent told us since our first cruise on Oceania that the free air offer doesn't include transfers, and repeatedly reminds us that we haven't purchased transfers every time she looks at one of our invoices - I would hope that other agents were as conscientious!

We had booked the hotel package which stated

"ground transfers to and from ship and hotel"

Now to my thinking this means from Airport to hotel then to ship!

We paid $200. from the ship to airport on return no problem there.

So in actually fact we got NO free transfers.

But then there is something about if you use a special service fee... transfers not included! Will have to check the wording.

We did a deviation to insure a non-stop flight.

In the old brochure/website they did not have any info on free air not including transfers.

That was changed sometime last year. Nor did the res agent mention it at the time of booking It was noticed when the invoice came and $400. was added for 2 transfers pp.

We all know the res dept needs some work as well as major training for it's agents.

They only have Oceania to worry about ...agents have to check many cruiselines, tour operators and rules that can change daily ;)

In my previous life I have called res agents for a price and 1 hr later called again only to get a totally different price.

From Oceania website :

Air promotion applies to economy, round-trip flights only from select Oceania Cruises U.S. & Canadian gateways and does not include ground transfers and air taxes. Air ticketing fee will apply.

Claudia F is correct - air promo does not include ground transfers, but they are available at extra cost.

Just checked our final bill for Stockhom/London Baltic cruise, 8-31-05, and we were charged for ground transfers at both ends, as expected.

Guest Jancruz

Hi everyone..this is not a new policy..it took me a long time to "get it" there have been no transfers included since the free air promotion started..

Have you ever heard the old saying " there's no such thing as a free lunch". In my opinion this also applys to "free" air. I think a better phrase would be "included" air. We've paid for air in the price we paid for the cruise. On our Feb 20 cruise we are arranging our own air. We are getting a $1,000 credit per person from Oceania. How could they afford to do this if they hadn't included the air in the cruise cost? Since they didn't include the transfers in the cruise cost they cost extra. If they had included them, they would probably give a credit for those arranging their own transfers. Any comments?

Art Severe

We are booked on Insignia's 10 day Baltic cruise August 3, 2006 and requested a flight deviation so that we could stay 2 days pre-cruise in Copenhagen as well as 2 days post cruise in Stockholm. I believe we do have to pay the $50.00 flight deviation fee per person, but I was under the impression that if we book our hotels through Oceania, all transfers would be included. Is this correct? One poster said only half the transfer was covered and another poster seemed to have been charged a $400.00 fee.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

Marcia

Hi everyone..this is not a new policy..it took me a long time to "get it" there have been no transfers included since the free air promotion started..

Jan do you recall when the free air promo started?

I know when we booked last year it was not mentioned in the brochure and my agent was told when we were doing the booking, but not about the transfers.

For Jan

What is your take on the Hotel packages with O and the transfers?

Do you get 2 transfers or none?

airport to hotel?

from hotel to ship?

Ship to airport on return?

Confused:confused:

Guest Jancruz

I understand the confusion because it took me months to finally "get it" Let me see if I can clear it up...when you book a hotel package pre cruise.you get the all the PRE cruise transfers..airport to hotel, hotel to ship..if you purchase a post hotel stay..you get the POST cruise transfers, ship to hotel, hotel to airport..any other transfers have to be paid for..

Now if you purchase BOTH PRE and POST all transfers are paid for..

P.S. There is an exception to this..if you are taking any of the crossings (repositioning) that have free hotel nights..there are no transfers included at all and all have to be purchased..

Archived