NCL Epic Bathroom Question

bbrme

I have been looking into the EPIC and was really excited about it until I read about the bathrooms. Can someone let me know how they worked with a family of 4 in one room? DD11 & DS13 are at the age where they want some privacy in the bathroom and we tend to shower in waves so people are coming and going while others are showering. Not sure how this works when the door is in the middle of the "bathroom".

Ship cabin bathrooms will only hold 1 person at a time...there is no room to "share"... they are tiny. Ship cabins (and baths) are MUCH smaller than even small hotel rooms....

Most ships have a gym/spa shower area that anyone can use. That may benefit you.

We just returned from our 3rd cruise on the EPIC. This time it was just me, DH, and DD9, but we've also had DD24 along. We thought it worked out great. My daughter could be in the shower, husband in the bathroom, little one at the sink brushing teeth etc., and me at vanity mirror doing hair and makeup. I know lots of people complain about the layout, but we really like it. As far as the door opening in the middle - I don't see an issue. You cannot see through the glass - basically shadows.

The EPIC is so perfect for your childrens' ages. There is always something to do. The entertainment is AWESOME! Don't let the bathroom arrangement sway your decision. We did back to back Epic then Allure the last two weeks and definitely prefer the EPIC.

The bathroom area aboard the Epic were unique. We were in a standard balcony room. The restroom and shower area were separated from the rest of the stateroom by a curtain, with the sink near the foot of our bed.

You can see the sink of our room on the right side, both the shower and toilet area have the frosted privacy glass.

s26h.jpg

I did feel it was a little strange that the stateroom door was.. right THERE... but who cares? You're on vacation.

bk38.jpg

We slept three in our room. My other two kids in another stateroom with my mother-in-law. You can make it work.

Oh... here's a good (slightly awkward) YouTube video.

I have literally found everything on YouTube... but there's a guy with no shirt on explaining the bathroom aboard the Epic.

The video is a little over a minute.

Edited by Mack2

I felt it was frosted enough to see a silhouette of the person occupying the commode/shower, but private enough for family.

We had taken the cruise with another family and their kids. I don't think I would have been comfortable to shower if they were hanging out in the room or balcony, but with any stateroom on any other ship, who would be? It's not like you can get dressed in those bathrooms either.

Family? It's fine. It beats a locker/dorm room shower.

Oh, I totally get where your kids are coming from. They are at that age where they are really concerned about body image, privacy and the start of the teenage hormones. It is a BIG issue for them and they feel really uncomfortable. Personally, I can see feeling weird and uncomfortable with the frosted shower glass where your silhouette can be seen.

Think back to being that age and just how awkward and uncomfortable some things felt, especially with the body changes, etc. And then think about them feeling exposed when showering with anyone else in the room. At that age, I was a privacy freak!

Oh, I totally get where your kids are coming from. They are at that age where they are really concerned about body image, privacy and the start of the teenage hormones. It is a BIG issue for them and they feel really uncomfortable. Personally, I can see feeling weird and uncomfortable with the frosted shower glass where your silhouette can be seen.

Think back to being that age and just how awkward and uncomfortable some things felt, especially with the body changes, etc. And then think about them feeling exposed when showering with anyone else in the room. At that age, I was a privacy freak!

The only thing you can do aboard the Epic in this case is to close the curtain separating the commode/shower area and the rest of the room. This would leave the sink accessible.

Edited by Mack2