The DIAMOND in December Replacement... we got it on Allure

LindaO

We are just off the Allure... December 1 sailing. Diamond Plus... This is what they are doing for the Diamonds in December replacement...

On about the 3rd or 4th day we received a card that said Happy Holidays on the front and inside...

To our most loyal guests:

As we bring 2013 to a close, I want to thank you for your loyalty to our brand, and for continuing to choose Royal Caribbean International as your vacation destination, and home away from home. It means the world to us. We look forward to another year of providing unforgettable memories, relaxing vacations, and good times with you and your loved ones.

The upcoming year will be an exciting one for us at Royal Caribbean. We are thrilled to introduce our newest ship, Quantum of the Seas with more groundbreaking technology, newly designed staterooms, remarkable dining options and even more innovative WOWs.

It is with great pleasure that I extend to you an exciting opportunity to travel on our newest ship. As a Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor Society Member sailing in the month of December, you will be automatically entered into a Quantum of the Seas drawing. Three winners will be announced in January 2014. The prize will include a balcony stateroom for two onboard Quantum of the Seas anytime in 2015, valued at up to $4,000.

We look forward to ringing in the new year with all of you, and look to the future to bring even more wonderful memories to be shared with your friends and families on board our ships. From our hearts to yours, we wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season, and hope nothing but the best for you and your loved ones.

Happy Holidays!

Adam Goldstein, President &CEO, Royal Caribbean International

See card insert for official rules (The card just had the legal stuff... but it did say you had to depart in December 2013 eligible. Oh... and you had to make your booking by November 30, 2013.

SO... I am happy with my chances... and think this is pretty creative of RCCL!!

See card insert for official rules (The card just had the legal stuff... but it did say you had to depart in December 2013 eligible. Oh... and you had to make your booking by November 30, 2013.

Are you sure about those dates? ;) It's already past the deadline to book!!!!

I am pretty sure that you mean that it must be booked by November thirtieth two thousand FOURTEEN and depart by December 2015.

Yes?

Are you sure about those dates? ;) It's already past the deadline to book!!!!

I am pretty sure that you mean that it must be booked by November thirtieth two thousand FOURTEEN and depart by December 2015.

Yes?

Go back and read it again...

To be eligible for the drawing... you have to depart in December and to be eligible for the drawing you had to purchase your December 2013 cruise prior to November 30, 2013... The PRIZE is a cruise in 2015... :)

Sorry but I don't see this as an equal for those that benefited from the previous offer (Diamonds in December)...being just rewarded with a "chance" in a drawing..JMHO.

Since the prior years were limited marketing events... and not actually a benefit of being a Diamond or above... this was a nice surprise! JMHO

Sorry but I don't see this as an equal for those that benefited from the previous offer (Diamonds in December)...being just rewarded with a "chance" in a drawing..JMHO.

Since when does a previous offer have to be matched by another offer? There was never a contract between RCCL and its guests that a diamonds in december offer would be an ongoing offer. If you didnt take it when it was offered, too bad. This is a thank you to those who traveled in December of 2013, take it for what it is, a thank you. JMHO

Edited by Motorman23

We did get the Calendar... and a note that said:

THANK YOU

As a token of our appreciation for your continued loyalty, we hope you enjoy this calendar as you plan special moments for the upcoming year.

It is a nice calendar... great pictures... and on a very nice stock... not the cheap free ones you see all over... Mine is right above my desk... so I can plan another cruise!!!

I miss the calendars they used to give away. They were cardboard about 11" X 11" and had the entire year on one side and another year on the other side--along with pertinent phone numbers, etc. I'm still using some and saving them until they will be correct again (hope I live that long:eek:)

Since when does a previous offer have to be matched by another offer? There was never a contract between RCCL and its guests that a diamonds in december offer would be an ongoing offer. If you didnt take it when it was offered, too bad. This is a thank you to those who traveled in December of 2013, take it for what it is, a thank you. JMHO

Sorry my opinion didn't jive with yours...but it was "Just My" opinion....Since I'm never able to cruise in December (and it never applied to me) it was a nice perk for those that could..."Just saying".

We are just off the Allure... December 1 sailing. Diamond Plus... This is what they are doing for the Diamonds in December replacement...

On about the 3rd or 4th day we received a card that said Happy Holidays on the front and inside...

To our most loyal guests:

As we bring 2013 to a close, I want to thank you for your loyalty to our brand, and for continuing to choose Royal Caribbean International as your vacation destination, and home away from home. It means the world to us. We look forward to another year of providing unforgettable memories, relaxing vacations, and good times with you and your loved ones.

The upcoming year will be an exciting one for us at Royal Caribbean. We are thrilled to introduce our newest ship, Quantum of the Seas with more groundbreaking technology, newly designed staterooms, remarkable dining options and even more innovative WOWs.

It is with great pleasure that I extend to you an exciting opportunity to travel on our newest ship. As a Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor Society Member sailing in the month of December, you will be automatically entered into a Quantum of the Seas drawing. Three winners will be announced in January 2014. The prize will include a balcony stateroom for two onboard Quantum of the Seas anytime in 2015, valued at up to $4,000.

We look forward to ringing in the new year with all of you, and look to the future to bring even more wonderful memories to be shared with your friends and families on board our ships. From our hearts to yours, we wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season, and hope nothing but the best for you and your loved ones.

Happy Holidays!

Adam Goldstein, President &CEO, Royal Caribbean International

We also received calendars