No more cold soups

trvlqueen

Just asked JH about the soups as they are one of our favorite menu items - and he confirmed that while hot soups are included, the cold soups are going bye bye. Here's my cut and paste - we're sad, but cruising next week, so I'll be sure to tell my girls to gobble them up as they probably won't be available next time.

(cut and paste from Facebook below)

John - what will happen with the soups if this menu rolls out fleetwide? That's one of our favorite things about dinnertime - every night we look forward to the soups - some of my family love the chilled soups (especially the strawberry and the bing cherry) and some of us (ME!) love the hot soups - especially the pumpkin, French Onion, and lobster bisque - please tell me they aren't going away and that they'll still be an option!

Like ·

John Heald the French onion is included on the new menus as are other soups but not the cold ones. I will be posting the full menu collection soon. Cheers

about a minute ago · Like

NO!!! I was telling the SIL she has to try the peach soup on her very FIRST cruise! So sad she will miss this.

Unless she is cruising the Glory, the other ships currently still have them.

3 other ships will be added to the program over the next few months, but most ships will still have the cold soups for a while.

Hope the decision about the cold soups will be changed.

You never know, it could be a possibility if enough people express their opinions. Shrimp cocktail comes to mind. ;)

I liked the strawberry soup, but was not much of a fan of the others. I am not sure what kind of following the cold soups have, but if people really love it, they should express that opinion.

I have tried them but did not like them - too sweet for an appetizer - so for me they will not be missed. I would guess that management would analyze the portions ordered per cruise, the labour to make make them, etc and then eliminate the least popular/highest cost items.

But as noted, if you really like these soups, by all means voice your opinion.

I have never even bothered tasting the soup on a Carnival ship, soup is just not something I look forward to while cruising.

Then you will never know what you missed out on:p....unless they decide to keep them. The cold soups were one food item I did look forward to while cruising. A trivial thing like that won't make me stop cruising CCL....but I will miss them:(.

I am glad Conquest still has them - I plan to indulge next week

I seem to recall that NCL ? had some cold fruit soups a few days on the buffet....maybe Carnival will do that for lunch??

I only found it once on our Jewel cruise in October...and I was looking. They had a cold banana soup served with the BBQ they do outside on one day.

Then you will never know what you missed out on:p....unless they decide to keep them. The cold soups were one food item I did look forward to while cruising. A trivial thing like that won't make me stop cruising CCL....but I will miss them:(.

Agree...I thought it was one of the items that Carnival did very well. Hope the pumpkin soup remains. Just had it for the first time last cruise. Our next cruise is on Liberty so we'll have the new menus to, try.

LOL, well I should say if I were on the Pride that day it was filled with snow, then you might see me with a bowl of soup. Then again there is no way I would be on a ship loaded down with snow ;):D

Agree...I thought it was one of the items that Carnival did very well. Hope the pumpkin soup remains. Just had it for the first time last cruise. Our next cruise is on Liberty so we'll have the new menus to, try.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but that's one of the soups that I have no desire to taste, all I see is a big orange bowl of pumpkin :eek:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but that's one of the soups that I have no desire to taste, all I see is a big orange bowl of pumpkin :eek:

I have to admit that I never tried the pumpkin either....It just didn't look appetizing to me. Buy the strawberry and bing cherry was delicious.

So glad I learned the recipe for the Strawberry Bisque. I make it a lot at home, my sister and I love it. We will certainly miss the cold soups when we cruise. :(

My son loves the strawberry bisque. He will miss it. I could never bring myself to try it, as I have a hard time wrapping my brain around cold soup.