No more cold soups

trvlqueen

There don't seem to by any soups available on both elegant nights.

Soups I found on the menus:

Minestrone

Black Bean

Roasted Tomato

Chicken (Caribbean style)

Onion

One cold soup on a dessert menu:

STRAWBERRY ALMOND FINANCIER

Chilled rhubarb soup

I will REALLY miss the mushroom soup and I also always had asparagus, cucumber, and avocado soups when offered.

The Cream of Broccoli was good too. :(

My daughter is 13 and already platinum. She just heard the news and is writing a letter to Carnival. She looks forward to the Strawberry Bisque more than lobster. So Sad.

My daughter is 13 also and I just told her no more cold soups, she said she is never sailing Carnival again. :D

I always thought the same thing, but then I tried the Strawberry Bisque and I loved it. It is really easy to make and tastes just as good. The presentation is not as good, I don't use fancy bowls or tablecloths......LOL

Can you post your recipes? Thanks

One cold soup is still on the menu, only it's a dessert now, available on one day only. It goes by the name "Strawberry Almond Financier: Chilled rhubarb soup". I'm sure the waiters won't have a problem with bringing it out early.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

He loved the fruit soups. On our recent cruise he had one every time they offered it.

I just told DD(16) yesterday. Her response to the Cat in the Hat and missing table clothes...."who cares". Her response to the missing cold soup..."I'm never sailing them again. That was the one food I looked forward to....why couldn't they get rid of that yucky chocolate melting cake. Write them a letter and tell them to bring it back!" Of course the yucky chocolate melting cake is DS's favorite so he's all set :D.

While we will miss the cold soups, its hardly the end of world. I'm positive she will sail Carnival again (especially if I'm paying ;)) and I'm sure she will find something else to love.

You sound so much like my Drama Queen DD(16) :D:p Never fear...life will go on.

My DD (15) if forever inquiring, mom, is it really that serious. From the mouths of babies :D Something about being Caribbean. My 20th anniversary on Princess but my 50th birthday on Carnival. Life is good!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by Blk_Amish

When are they going to stop with the cut backs? :(

Our last Carnival cruise was almost a year ago, and after that one we had decided there were just too many cut backs so our next cruise would be on a different line.

Now, no more tablecloths in the dining rooms?

No more delicious cold soups? :(

What cutback will they come up with next? :(