JW Marriott Marquis Miami?

dreamr

Hey,

Has anyone here ever stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis in Miami? I currently have a reservation there for January. It looks awesome! Just kind of wondering how much further from Bayside is it than the Intercontinental? It looks like it's only a block or so away, but looking at a map isn't the same as actually walking between them.

The reason I'm asking is that some of us in our roll call are talking about having dinner at Bayside Friday night, and I'm sure it will be dark by the time we're finished and I'm traveling alone. So walking back to the Intercontinental alone wouldn't really bother me, but if the Marquis is a bit further...

I'd take the MetroMover, as I've heard that it stops right across from the Marquis, but I've read that traveling on the MetroMover after dark isn't recommended?

Is it worth moving my reservation to the Intercontinental just to be closer to Bayside? Or do the awesome features of the Marquis make up for the added distance?

Thanks in advance. :)

I have not stayed there but have visited it several times and I am very familiar with its location along with Intercontinental, Epic and the other nearby hotels and Bayside.

You are correct. They are located very close to one another with the Marriott being another block away or so.

It's a very nice hotel and only around two years young and if it was me I would keep my reservation there.

You wil find a lot of people out at night and you can walk on well lit streets regardless of whether you go to the Intercontinental or the Marriott Marquis.

Keith

It's just around the corner and you will have no issues walking. We just had an event the other night there for my husband's office. Walked home when it was over. I walk in that area all the time at night. You have the Epic right there and the Icon near by and both are high end condo buildings. Many friends go to Wolfgang's steakhouse and walk back at night.

It's a really nice hotel, you will enjoy it.