VIP Question

Epic_Bear

My mom just called me about a cruise she booked. She said the Travel Agent put her in as a VIP. I've read on the boards that this means she may get suite privileges? Is that something she has to wait to find out until she gets to the terminal, or will NCL send something out? She's be on 25 NCL cruises, never had them, won't miss them if she doesn't, but just curious.

I don't mean to be the party-pooper but I don't think that a TA could put anybody in as a VIP - otherwise TAs would do that all the time. From what I've read here, it's in discretion of HD onboard (and in some cases, HQ) but always within the cruise line, not their reseller.

But yes, being a VIP would mean pretty much all suite perks (concierge access, priority boarding/tendering/etc and suite breakfast and lunch) minus butler.

I don't mean to be the party-pooper but I don't think that a TA could put anybody in as a VIP - otherwise TAs would do that all the time. From what I've read here, it's in discretion of HD onboard (and in some cases, HQ) but always within the cruise line, not their reseller.

But yes, being a VIP would mean pretty much all suite perks (concierge access, priority boarding/tendering/etc and suite breakfast and lunch) minus butler.

There are three or four different levels of VIP status. They all do NOT include suite perks. One of the levels I know only includes priority embarkation and afternoon snacks.

There are three or four different levels of VIP status. They all do NOT include suite perks. One of the levels I know only includes priority embarkation and afternoon snacks.

Oh, that's new information to me. Do you know anything about the other levels?

My mom just called me about a cruise she booked. She said the Travel Agent put her in as a VIP. I've read on the boards that this means she may get suite privileges? Is that something she has to wait to find out until she gets to the terminal, or will NCL send something out? She's be on 25 NCL cruises, never had them, won't miss them if she doesn't, but just curious.

I would have your mother call her Travel Agent and ask what VIP perks she should expect. The one thing you don't want, is your mother expecting some perks that are no coming or having to ask someone for those perks that she will not be given.

Oh, that's new information to me. Do you know anything about the other levels?

All I know us that I have seen 4 separate VIP lists attached to the suite passenger list. The one we have been on, in the past, is called "VIP Royal Treatment". I have been told the " lowest" list is for friends of lower level crew members. I have no knowkedge of the middle two levels.

I would have your mother call her Travel Agent and ask what VIP perks she should expect. The one thing you don't want, is your mother expecting some perks that are no coming or having to ask someone for those perks that she will not be given.

If she asks for the NCL Amenity Confirmation it should list was perks she will receive.

I thought CAS Royal Treatment included concierge service, breakfast/lunch in Cagneys, special theatre seating, early embarkation/disembarkation, and I can't remember what else at the moment .

Harriet

Also spa pass for 5 days on certain ships

special birthday offer if traveling during your birthday

Ultra drink Card

State Room Goodies

Comped dinner for 2

cigar and cigarettes offer (one cigar or pack of cigarettes a day)

soda package for 2

convenience fee waived

global cash fees waived

Vip Party invitation

Plus what I mentioned above in my previous post.

Some ships do not provide the breakfast/lunch such as Breakaway, Getaway, and Epic - simply because they don't have 'suites' only Haven.

Some ships don't provide spa access since they don't really have the spa.

So, basically, VIP is all the amenities of a suite.....without having the suite. (This does not include Haven suites amenities) and of course, no butler.

However, this is CAS VIP and I don't know how any TA could deem a person VIP. Unless, they contacted NCL and found out that CAS has them listed as VIP.

Harriet

My understanding is that the perks are dependent upon a number of things. One of them is the ship class. If a top VIP is on Epic or newer ship, the perk of breakfast and lunch in the suite only venue is not included because there is no access to The Haven restaurant. I also know that the perks are slightly different if a concierge puts you as a VIP or the HD or captain does.

I agree totally. While on the Sun in March we met a woman cruising solo who was given VIP staus but not access to the suite breakfast and lunch. She said she used to get that too but NCL has pulled back on that. She has been on like 50 NCL cruises at least. There were also 2 gents on our same sailing who have over 150 on NCL. They were in a suite like us. All of us, incl single female had party invites and dined with HD. i know she had concierge and priority on/off.

But

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free