Bringing soda onboard

mjkulp00

How many actually bring soda with them onboard??

Do you have to carry it on or can you send it to your room with the luggage? Also, what is the limit of what you can bring??

Was going to buy a soda card for just DH but since I read somewhere it's not fountain considering bringing our own

Thanks

Do you have to carry it on or can you send it to your room with the luggage? Also, what is the limit of what you can bring??

Was going to buy a soda card for just DH but since I read somewhere it's not fountain considering bringing our own

Thanks

It has to be carried on and the limit is 12 - 20 oz bottles of soda/water pp.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

My and bf each carry on a 12-pack when we board. Since we have FTTF, we just drop it right off in the room. I am a heavy soda drinker and have never had the need to carry more on at another port bc.....damn that lemonade is crack!

Thanks

When DH and I go on a cruise, I buy the soda package because I drink coke all day long. My husband doesn't bother with it and just buys beer here and there, or drinks the free juice that is available on the ship. However, we do bring water on board. Yes I drink a lot of soda, but I also drink a lot of water and find that it is worth it to bring on board. We usually get a 12 pack and carry that on board.

We bring ours in a small rolling carry on suitcase just in case they are opened and no tape is available. Easy to roll 2 cases around until our cabin is ready.

I drink Caffeine free Coke and have yet to find it on board. So a quick stop at a store before we board and Im happy all week. My husband also like Mt Dew and that isn't always onboard either.

We have even bought a 2 liter bottle at our last port because we knew we wouldn't finish a case and didn't want to fly it home with us. No problems getting back on the ship with that.:D

Just got off CCL Paradise 12/05/2013. MANY people including myself carried on 12 packs. Mine was inside the carry-on bag and they opened up the bag to verify the 12 pack was Coke.

As said prior, you must carry it on and not through checked baggage.

We always carry pop on either 2 or 3 12 packs. Just be prepared that they open each 12 pack and go through it....Then tape it back up. So it does take a tad bit longer. But in tyhe long run it is worth it!

Really? They have never opened ours and we've been on 3 Carnival cruises now.

Really? They have never opened ours and we've been on 3 Carnival cruises now.

They have opened our twelve packs two cruises in a row. On September's cruise, they went four cans deep in the pack to check for beer cans. And as far as "profiling," I'm 64 years old!

They have opened our twelve packs two cruises in a row. On September's cruise, they went four cans deep in the pack to check for beer cans. And as far as "profiling," I'm 64 years old!

Well I am in my 30's so I should be okay becuase aparntly they only check people 64 and over :)

Like the other posters have stated, yeah you have to carry it on. It's not a big deal... I started doing this b/c I am a very picky soda drinker. I will only drink Dr. Pepper :) I got a cheap/light weight luggage cart from Target to help me tote my carry-on, water, and soda. Saves a bunch of money!

Technically, you're supposed to carry it on, but we pack ours in our checked luggage everytime. They search our luggage, but we've never had it removed.

About the fountain sodas...there is sometimes one bar onboard that serves fountain soda. I make it my mission to try to find it on every cruise. I've found it on the lido deck on some ships and at the aft pool bar on others.

On our last cruise, I put a 12 pack of 7-up (for the always tasty 7&7) and a 12 pack of small bottled water in our spare suitcase when leaving the hotel. I intended to get it out an carry it on, but totally spaced it off and checked the bag.

This was the last bag to make it to our room, but it arrived in tact! I know you are supposed to carry it on with you, and I normally do, but this time I forgot and it made it just fine!

Mike

My last 2 cruises we've brought on bottled Mexican coke purchased from Sam's club. Small cooler for ice and they are so good ice cold. Both times I've had staff stop me and ask where I got it a few times, on the Sensation during a trivia the host told me he'd trade a SOAS for a Coke..... yep, went back to my room and traded. It's a pain to pack and heavy but oh so worth it. I did have it inspected at security both times, the space it took in our carry on gave way to liquor purchases for on the way home.