pre cruise regret..waranted?

pandarider123

We have only been on Carnival, my sister has only been on NCL. We cruise around the same time each cruise and we compare notes. She loves hers and we love ours, seems like the same experiences just ours is much cheaper then hers. It's funny though, someone posted about always going to the MDR on Carnival every night and same here while my sister said they only do it half the time too. Sounds like Carnival may have a better MDR turnout.

So far that's all the difference and like everyone has said so far, it's personal. You will enjoy either, even the bad is good it's all how you look at things.

It's pretty much been beaten down here, you choose your price level and if you enjoy life you will enjoy your choice. Hope you enjoy and post your results, looking forward to reading it.

It's your vacation, have fun! We have been on two cruises, the very first, was on Disney in a concierge suite. The second, in an ocean suite on the Carnival Breeze. My husband is a vacation snob, and he was very hesitant to go on the Carnival ship. We have a 10 year old, and wasn't sure what to expect at all, but we were going with friends of ours, who had already booked this cruise. Honestly, we had a lot more fun on our Carnival Cruise! The atmosphere was just more fun! Even our 10 year old had more fun on the Carnival ship! Take the vacation you have already booked. Forget the nay sayers! You will have a great time.

You have to take the bad reviews with a grain of salt. Does your family say I hate Carnival just because they're Carnival, or do they have legitimate complaints from a recent cruise? For every 1 bad review, I bet you can find 10 good ones. Keep in mind cruise critic is a very small percentage of the cruising population. Thousands of people sail the Magic every week and have a great vacation. I haven't sailed Magic yet, but I took my first cruise on Carnival at 27 (you said you're in your 20's) and I'm taking my 10th Carnival cruise in a few hours. :D Check out my Breeze review in my signature. It will paint the picture of what your cruise might be like as far as food, activities, etc. The ship itself is very similar to Magic. Don't cancel. GO and have fun! :)

Sorry to hijack this thread but YAYYYYY, another Gapearl review coming soon, I hope! :D

If you are a laid back kind of person and not one to sweat the small stuff, then you will have a blast on Carnival. I promise. :)

I have been on both Carnival and Princess. Princess was very nice but I prefer the very laid back atmosphere of Carnival.

I personally think that a 20 something would enjoy Carnival more. Seems there is more to do into the late night and more of the same age group on their ships.

Whatever you chose you are going to be hooked!

Go on your cruise and have fun. Yes 95% of the negitive reactions to Carnival is just hype. You can find many on here who will tell you how bad Carnival is compare to other lines. However you can look at review of the other lines and find the same complaints about them as Carnival.

I agree with everyone that said it is what you make of it. We have been on Carnival, Disney and Royal Carribean. We had a great time on all of our cruises, but we paid a lot more for Royal Carribean and Disney. We are doing our third cruise on Carnival coming up. I found the food to be the same on Royal Carribean and Carnival but RC was 40% more! Disney's food was a step above. I have never been on Princess but when we were in port in Roatan last year we shared a cab with a couple from a Holland America ship. We asked them how it was and they said the average age on the ship was 50. Nothing wrong with that, just not for us. We have a 5 year old. Keep your reservation and see for yourself. I think you will have a great time! You can't compare other people's expectations or needs to your own.

People that bad mouth other cruise lines annoy the hell out of me. Especially when they have never sailed on carnival just "heard" either from the BS news reports or other people that are habitual complainers. Same for the Disney snobs that look down their nose at me when i say we cruise carnival. I've sailed RCCL and carnival. Do upurself a favor, don't go into the trip with a bad attitude and you will have a blast.

I've never been on a cruise before and never been out of country, so three months ago I booked a may birthday cruise. Only princess and carnival had cruises near when I wanyed it and departed on galveston.ended up picking carnival magic and was so excited but then as months went by I hear from more and more people..even family members saying carnival is bad cruise line and should of booked princess (heard that was owned by carnival so doesn't make sense) .I understand for the price I can't expect high class but did I really make a mistake choosing carnival over princess. Or is this all over hype over that one bad cruise and the concordia. I'm on low income and just going to applebees or chilis is considered special so I am not hard to please. That being said has anyone been on carnival magic in last year or so that can tell me how it went. Is carnival really a bad line ? Should cancel my booking and book princess?
You are not making a huge mistake. We went on the same cruise you will be doing on the same ship. The Magic is a nice ship and well worth the price of the ticket. Just go and have fun. Don't worry about it.

Here is a video I made of our trip. It shows the ship and some scenery of the places you will be visiting (Roatan & Belize).

Are you going solo or with spouse or with friends??

solo or friends - def Carnival...

spouse - hmmm....either one

If you like Applebees and casual dress and sun and fun, comedy shows, drinking LOL, you will have a blast on Carnival

Magic is a newer ship with bells and whistles - they have the Guy Fieri Burger Bar, Iguana burritos and more

Plus - new ship - nice

Princess may have an older ship there in Galveston I think - IMHO newer is better on ships

People do make fun of Carnival - heck I do myself LOL - but it is popular for a lot of reasons - affordable is a huge one.

Those of us who have been cruising for awhile will complain more - cause yeah things have changed (prices were relatively more back then too)

Another factor to consider - you will be on a 7 night cruise - which is a much better standard on Carnival than their 3 night party cruises. Much of what people laugh at and complain about are on the older, smaller ships that do the 3 nighters. I was on a 3 night Carnival cruise last Dec and it was a turn off - but I am on a 7 night cruise on Conquest this Sunday and I have every expectation that it will be "nice"

Have fun - it is a vacation and if cost is important Carnival is a good choice. Just for example - Princess charges for their Serenity type area - called the Sanctuary - Carnival doesn't

Enjoy your cruise either way;)

:)

So sounds like enjoyment on a cruise is more of way of thinking like it is what I make of it. The same people telling me that booking carnival was a huge mistake are same ones who have good jobs and go on more fancy vacations. I've never been on a vacatiin before so maybe will enjoy carnvial as a new experence.

Yes, that is exactly right in my opinion. You should go on being excited about your vacation and don't worry about what your family is saying. A lot of things said about Carnival comes from those that have never sailed on one of their ships who are only going by the news reports. I started Cruising on Carnival and do believe it is a great starting point. I have been on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Celebrity and in the process of planning an Alaskan cruise for 2015 and will probably go with Princess. I have a cruise booked for Carnival Dream in May of this year. I went back to Carnival because I am taking my daughter (20) and her friend and pricing is better and it will be just fine for what they want to do and the spa looks great on the Dream. :)

This one made me smile. I had the same issue where negative comments were made. Turned out only one person had cruised and the rest was envy, and the one person you could never make happy. Need to remember any vacation is what you make it. I picked the same itinerary for a March cruise for my family. Maybe go to roll call and talk to some that are on your same cruise and hang with them, some maybe first time cruisers as well. I find that friends I meet on cruises are awesome cause we have the same interest. Good luck!:D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

To those that tried to spook you away from Carnival, ask them if they quit riding in cars because they saw an accident or quit flying because of a crash. As many have said, it was a rare occurrence but the memories of it will haunt Carnival for years. And most of the people that bash Carnival have never cruised on her.

We've been on six Carnival cruises and have a back to back booked for 2015. We love the atmosphere on Carnival. Everybody seems to be having fun and enjoying themselves. And no, it's not a drunk-fest like so many people claim.

As you can see from my signature, my wife and I have cruised like 13 times. All on Carnival. We have only had one of those cruises which didn't meet our expectations. Our next three cruises are on Princess because we wanted to try Princess, found a couple of really good deals, and the fact that Carnival pulled out of Europe in 2014. I am not sure what to expect on Princess as we are used to the Carnival atmosphere, but as many others have stated, a cruise is what you make it out to be. DO NOT listen to the negative reviews on these boards as unfortunately there are a lot of complainers on the boards that complain if they see a piece of carpet that has a small hole in it...it like ruins their entire cruise. The Magic is on our bucket list as we have sailed both of her sister ships (Dream and Breeze). Have a great time, and don't worry about anything else. For your first cruise you definitely made the right choice.

Was thinking of victor bodden tours for roatan, xunantech ruins for belize, and la casa en la playa for cozumel.

I think you have made some good choices. I don't know anything about your Cozumel choice, but VB for Roatan is what I would do next time visiting. You had said you were on a budget, so just threw out the free beach idea for Roatan, but seeing the real island is much better, I would also love to do the ruins in Belize if we ever return.

Being in your 20s, most definitely go with Carnival and pack a white outfit for the night club. $1.00 off drinks on their White party. DD was disappointed that she hadn't packed white...she's 27 and had a good time cruising single.

I've been on both cruise lines and I'm in my 20s as well. You made the right decision, you should have no regrets. Carnival has a lot of activities and is a lot of fun. Try to do as many things on board as possible, you will really enjoy yourself.

If you book with another cruise line in the future though, keep in mind that a cruise is what you make of it. I've had fun on Princess too despite there being fewer activities.

I asked the people who said I will regret carnival. My aunt said she cruised carnival year ago and that the food was bad and the entertainment was cheesy..she said was use to royal Caribbean. My friend travels a lot and goes to resorts and said never been on carnival but would never stoop to that level.he then said he'd be nervous captian would crash ship.

I asked the people who said I will regret carnival. My aunt said she cruised carnival year ago and that the food was bad and the entertainment was cheesy..she said was use to royal Caribbean. My friend travels a lot and goes to resorts and said never been on carnival but would never stoop to that level.he then said he'd be nervous captian would crash ship.

At some point this gets silly...maybe listen to your friend and stay home?

I hear they have some really fun truck pulls in Texas and rodeos and

there is always camping...enjoy

Magic is a newer ship with bells and whistles - they have the Guy Fieri Burger Bar, Iguana burritos and more

Plus - new ship - nice

Please check your info before posting. The magic does NOT have Guy's Burger Joint nor does it have the Blue Iguana. You clearly have never been on this ship. I did not see any bells or whistles other than the ceremonial bell on the bow.

Yes, many people who have NEVER cruised get worried about silly stuff like this. Airplane crashes occur way more frequently than ship wrecks, I believe, but people continue to fly.

Have fun. Go to the Carnival website and find out what "bells and whistles" the ship has. I know it has a great water slide, and those are fun, even for Grandmas like me! :D

Please check your info before posting. The magic does NOT have Guy's Burger Joint nor does it have the Blue Iguana. You clearly have never been on this ship. I did not see any bells or whistles other than the ceremonial bell on the bow.

Sorry....I have not been on it nor do I read much about it since I will never cruise out of Texas *I live in Florida LOL

I thought it had them, I am pretty sure it has Red Frog ??

sorry for any misinformation..but really the OP is still so negative I no longer see any reason to keep trying to convince people to sail on Carnival LOL

I don't own stock in it or work for them...if a friend tells them the captain can't steer the ship after all these people have tried to reassure them why bother?

Maybe they should just stay home, no skin off my nose

I do get sick of people starting new threads with totally unfounded nonsense from "friends" and family...people try to "help" and they are still "unsure" ...then why bother to convince them?? It is their money, their vacation = do what you want

If Auntie tells u to cruise Royal Caribbean , then ante up the bucks and enjoy the Allure is my thoughts

Sorry....I have not been on it nor do I read much about it since I will never cruise out of Texas *I live in Florida LOL

I thought it had them, I am pretty sure it has Red Frog ??

sorry for any misinformation..but really the OP is still so negative I no longer see any reason to keep trying to convince people to sail on Carnival LOL

I don't own stock in it or work for them...if a friend tells them the captain can't steer the ship after all these people have tried to reassure them why bother?

Maybe they should just stay home, no skin off my nose

I do get sick of people starting new threads with totally unfounded nonsense from "friends" and family...people try to "help" and they are still "unsure" ...then why bother to convince them?? It is their money, their vacation = do what you want

If Auntie tells u to cruise Royal Caribbean , then ante up the bucks and enjoy the Allure is my thoughts

You are right about RFP - It does have the full blown Red Frog Pub that has the Pub Grub snacks - but those didn't seem to very good (to me anyways). Most seemed to enjoy them.

Magic is a beautiful ship. It was parked next to us in Cozumel last year and we were thinking of doing that ship this Feb but they did not have where we wanted to go.

No matter what you hear from everyone. Your cruise it what you want it to be. For some of us who have cruised carnival for over 10 years there has been allot of changes.

But no matter what we still have the best time on Carnival. Once again we are going on her in February.

It like I tell all of my friends its your vacation and if you go in negative you will think Negative. We will always be loyal to this brand but there is sometimes that you have to do another cruise line because of the timing and the ports.

HAve fun. You will love Magic...