Question about NCL's butlers

Tideone

My travel agent posted a notice on facebook that NCL has announced new butler drawn bath services for suite passengers.

Different prices will get different types of baths.

But the part that I was most curious about was the statement that these services will be done by a certified butler.

Does anyone know who certifies NCL butlers and if they have to have specialized training and take tests to get their certification?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=345

A cruise critic article on butler service. May be dated a bit.

Specific part of NCL;

Norwegian Cruise Line

Who Gets It: Norwegian Cruise Line offers 24-hour butler service for all cruisers staying in suites.

What They Do: The International Institute of Modern Butlers oversees Norwegian's Butler Training program. These well-trained individuals assist passengers with priority embarkation/debarkation; unpacking and repacking garments; shoe shines; delivering liquor, wine and beverages; delivering DVD's and CD's; and filling/emptying hot tubs and bathtubs. Norwegian's butlers also help with delivery of flowers, personalized letters and stationery on embarkation day and during the cruise. They serve Champagne; ensure that fresh flowers, fruit baskets, sodas, water, newspapers and other amenities are set up properly and freshened as needed; set up private in-cabin cocktail parties; and take food orders and serve in-room breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner from any menu onboard, including the alternative dining venues.

Get This: Butlers on Norwegian ships are culled from the rank and file of the hotel department, based on their excellent customer service and positive consumer feedback. As a result, Norwegian's butlers retain a level of warmth and a service ethic that's hard to find on any other cruise line. Butler service on a Freestyle ship can make the big-ship cruising experience intimate, cozy and special.

Edited by legion3

We had a tub in our suite but never considered having the butler draw the bath. Only our kids used it.

That said i could see why someone might want a bath drawn and waiting for them when they return to the cabin.

enjoy the suites, we loved our time in one.

Cheers

I think they have a name for that Donna ,, its some kind of an towel ending..

After your bath.. I dont know , heard it somewhere ;)

Lets just say , there have been a number of Butlers that we have had who seem to be perfectly comfortable entering the bathroom to chat.

You get used to it ;)