1st timer

okstpat

As mentioned here a lot, I would suggest an Island tour with Bodden or Rony as Roatan is very scenic, and a visit to West Bay is where you will find the nicest beach IMO..You could also visit West End. We ate there at Half Moon Bay resort once and it was really good..

This will be my wife and I's first time. What is the one thing we need to do. I have heard they have the best beaches, but not sure what to do. Any suggestions?
Edited by overthehillcruiser

Little French Key was great.

This past trip we did dune buggies with Roatan Sandblasters. Great tour. You can drive through a mud pit and get soaked w mud. It is one of those things that is only fun to do on vacation :) wear clothes you can toss or non cotton since the mud doesn't cone out very easily.

Another time I just hung out at the Bananarama beach (and did a 1 tank dive)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Little French Key was great.

This past trip we did dune buggies with Roatan Sandblasters. Great tour. You can drive through a mud pit and get soaked w mud. It is one of those things that is only fun to do on vacation :) wear clothes you can toss or non cotton since the mud doesn't cone out very easily.

Another time I just hung out at the Bananarama beach (and did a 1 tank dive)

How much was the Sandblasters dune buggy tour? It's not listed on their website.

Also if you cruised Carnival what's it like leaving the port area past the security gate to meet Sandblasters? This worries me a little even though they say its not a far walk. I just remember last time I was in Roatan there was tons of people waiting for tourist there to try and get them to go on a tour or use their taxi service.

Thanks for the advice. I tend to be a worrier......

It was $75 pp for double riders in the dune buggy. Transportation was extra though. I think in the end it was about $100pp. Not cheap but unique and fun. The person who organized our tour did it on her cruise last year and liked it so much she did it again.

And I cruised NCL so can't comment on that. But despite how they look the areas immediately surrounding the port area is usually pretty safe. Bad press would hurt business so I wouldn't worry that much. For ours we barely had to walk outside before finding them.

How much was the Sandblasters dune buggy tour? It's not listed on their website.

Also if you cruised Carnival what's it like leaving the port area past the security gate to meet Sandblasters? This worries me a little even though they say its not a far walk. I just remember last time I was in Roatan there was tons of people waiting for tourist there to try and get them to go on a tour or use their taxi service.

Thanks for the advice. I tend to be a worrier......

Leaving the port area is no biggie from Mahogany Bay. The vendors are there to sell their tours, but they all know each other and are very helpful (we can never seem to find our driver).

I would second a bit of an exploration tour via Rony. We loved our day with him. The freestyle tour lets you go where you want. We added ziplining on our first trip to Roatan and spent the latter part of the day on West Bay beach.