Royal Princess Skywalk

BRU5

There are multiple posts and reviews on the topic. The consensus seems to be is that the impact is minor, except perhaps on the top deck.

Does it in any way have a negative impact on the privacy of the balcony's that look out at it ? We are considering a room in that area of the ship. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

The only impact is what you're doing on your balcony. IMHO, there's little difference between being directly under the Skywalk or Seaview bar vs. having a Dolphin deck balcony on the Grand-class ships where everyone on the ship, not just a few people on the Skywalk, can see everything that goes on your balcony.

The only impact is what you're doing on your balcony. IMHO, there's little difference between being directly under the Skywalk or Seaview bar vs. having a Dolphin deck balcony on the Grand-class ships where everyone on the ship, not just a few people on the Skywalk, can see everything that goes on your balcony.
You are so right about that. It is very easy to see onto balconies on the Grand-class ships:

3066578791_7288f0fe77_z.jpg?zz=1

Star Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

3601629578_d2212d3472_z.jpg

Sapphire Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Does it in any way have a negative impact on the privacy of the balcony's that look out at it ? We are considering a room in that area of the ship. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi - when on the Royal Princess last month we were in one of the extended balcony mini-suites under the SeaWalk on Baja deck. Our balcony was the first extended one forward and barely visible from the SeaWalk. I did feel for the people midship on the Marina and Rivera decks as their balconies were very visible.

Thankfully, most people don't stay on the SeaWalk for long, so it is more of a stream of quick looks than someone staring down on you as mentioned above.

If you Google "Royal Princess" and SeaWalk and look at Images, other photos have been posted.

Guess it all depends on what you are doing on your balcony. For myself I'm usually reading and having a glass of wine. The fact that someone could stroll along the seawalk and see that happen doesn't concern me at all, inasmuch as I do the same thing in many other venues around ship with people strolling past all the time. The whole thing is a non issue IMO.