Ship movement in cabin 1003 Freedom Cat 4J

bb41

I am considering booking cabin 1003 on the Carnival Freedom, but am concerned about the feeling of movement from the ship in this (these rooms). Although, I don't suffer from motion sickness; however, my wife does she controls if from taking Bonnie. We have always booked midship or toward the front of the aft cabins in the past on Empress deck or higher in the past and she has not had any real issues. So looking for feedback in these particular type of cabins. Thanks!!

The price difference between a 4J cabin and balcony cabin is about $500 on a 7 day cruise. That's one of the main reasons we choose those rooms.

They do have a neat view - especially if you are an exhibitionist. But having your own balcony is special as well. If you are getting an inside room a 4J is definately the way to go unless it is an expensive upgrade.

I am considering booking cabin 1003 on the Carnival Freedom, but am concerned about the feeling of movement from the ship in this (these rooms). Although, I don't suffer from motion sickness; however, my wife does she controls if from taking Bonnie. We have always booked midship or toward the front of the aft cabins in the past on Empress deck or higher in the past and she has not had any real issues. So looking for feedback in these particular type of cabins. Thanks!!

Bad idea, real bad. That cabin is going to be as bad as it gets with any kind of rough seas at all.

Bad idea, real bad. That cabin is going to be as bad as it gets with any kind of rough seas at all.

Wait...what? None of these modern ships get that bad unless you encounter the odd bad storm. The Freedom is not some tiny ship.

We've had Oceanview at the back of the ship and people have said you get bad movement. The only thing we heard ever was the anchor.

We now have a 4J on upper corner. We are quite excited about this. Room price was great. Even if we get movement we are ready. We are boaters and we have been through 1 storm in 10 years and that one we were in the middle of the boat. Tropical Ida was not a very good feeling...I never ever have gotten sick...

We always choose a cabin on the Panorama Deck and even in bad weather we never felt any more motion up there than anywhere else on the ship. Our last cruise was on the Freedom and we had cabin 1058. On the last sea day the weather was so bad that nobody went outside. Rain, high winds and high waves. Still, the ship felt fairly smooth anywhere you went.

Stayed in this exact room in May. I've never had a issue with motion sickness until then.

Never again, I'm back to mid ship balcony cabins.

I've got news for you. Rough seas will bounce even the largest ship in the world around plenty

Then cabin location won't matter at that point.

These huge 120,000+ GRT ships really don't care about the seas unless you are talking of waves in the 9+ foot range. We had up to 8 foot on my recent Magic cruise and there was very slight movement - I was deck 9 2 doors down from the front.

Smaller ships like Fantasy class? Sure, they will get a bit bumpy but the mega ships are just too huge.

I think it all depends upon what your wife thinks and how bad her motion sickness can be. If you have smooth seas you probably won't feel it anymore forward than at mid-ship. If you happen to be unlucky and have bad weather you can feel it a little more there.