20 Day Emerald Princess

TomCruises

To the OP--- You must know that all crew members, including the Cruise Director's Staff, get assigned to any ship when they start a new contract By the time you go on your compensation cruise, you could have some of the current Emerald crew that caused you so much duress, Just sayin'.

That's an assumption....fuzzy!

OP- Not an assumption, that's what happens.

From the last few years I've had the same Assistant Cruise Director on the Ruby, Emerald and last month on the Crown. Now Ryan is on the Royal. Cruise Directors are always changing ships, filling in for vacations, etc. It was the end of my cabin stewards contract at the end of my last cruise. Asked him if he was returning to the Crown. He said they never know what ship they will be on until they sign their new contract.

Not an assumption.

Because it won't be the Emerald Princess and its staff!

Sorry I'm unable to provide more information,I was only sharing our negative experience as a whole.Not going to provide details that will not apply to others or there experience.

This thread is worthless. You didn't "share" your experience aside from vague statements. If you want a pity party, look elsewhere.

OP- Not an assumption, that's what happens.

From the last few years I've had the same Assistant Cruise Director on the Ruby, Emerald and last month on the Crown. Now Ryan is on the Royal. Cruise Directors are always changing ships, filling in for vacations, etc. It was the end of my cabin stewards contract at the end of my last cruise. Asked him if he was returning to the Crown. He said they never know what ship they will be on until they sign their new contract.

Not an assumption.

Your assumption is that the same people will be on the poster's next cruise. They could stay on emerald, or they could go to another ship. You can't say for certain that it will be the ship the original poster might be on. And, most crew know their rotation when they sign off, if not before. They don't get their contract until about two weeks before they join.

Because it won't be the Emerald Princess and its staff!

Sorry I'm unable to provide more information,I was only sharing our negative experience as a whole.Not going to provide details that will not apply to others or there experience.

I think you are being very unfair to Cruise Critic and to staff members of the Emerald if you come on and start a thread without giving details of your complaint.

I will be on Emerald for 20 nights in January and your comments don`t worry me in the least.

I have been on Emerald and several other Princess ships, including Royal and have always found the staff to be excellent.

If you treat them with respect you get respect back I have always found.

See,thats my exact point!Why get into the details of a series of unfortunate happenings during OUR CRUISE when everyone else is going to brag about how wonderful their cruise was! And the icining on the cake is how all of you enjoy the debate and defense of Princess because of the OP's unfortunate experience when they do explain in detail!

My sole purpose was to simply make a reference that the Emerald Princess by no means perfect and it made a negative cruise experience for us!

And since apparently none of you care for this thread,quit making comments and returning!!

And the icining on the cake is how all of you enjoy the debate and defense of Princess because of the OP's unfortunate experience when they do explain in detail!

You do realize that you are the OP of this thread, correct? Because if you think your complaints about the Emerald have been "in detail", I would love to read your idea of "brief". :rolleyes:

This reminds me of those Facebook postings that take the cake for annoyance.

Person posts vague but alarming Facebook message like: "OMG I can't believe that just happened to me - I'm scarred for life!"

Responders: "OMG are you okay?" "What happened?" "Oh no, what's wrong?" "I hope you're alright?" "Is there anything we can do to help?"

And after at least 10 or so of these concerned responses, the OP comes back on to reply to their own Facebook message again, saying something like:

"OMG it was so awful, I don't even want to talk about it!!"

Then why the heck do you even bother posting to begin with?

Just sayin'...

This thread is hilarious and I could not help myself and post. This guy was looking for compensation and made such a fuss Princess gave him one....hence booking his next cruise so he can use the OBC he recieved.

Brilliant....aren't you!

Your bad for making comments that are not so or inaccurate!