Balmoral !

jeanlyon

• 3 weeks later...
Good for you! Our last P&O, we have received no labels. It doesn't matter that much, but it's a pain printing them off and then folding them.

And then putting a stapler (will it get through security ?) or a roll of selotape in one's h'bag so that one can fasten the labels to one's bags at the embarkation airport. Or just do as I do, get cabin labels at ship's check-in desk. ;-)

Edited by kasuku
spelin !

L1401 – World Cruise ex Southampton Sunday 05 January 2014.

Advisory Notice.

Dear Guest,

With yet another period of adverse weather forecast for this coming weekend, particularly in the direction the Balmoral will be heading once leaving Southampton, it is feasible the Master may take the decision to delay departure until such time as believed prudent to do so. Any such decision will be made with the safety and comfort of our guests and crew in mind. However, all guests should report on Sunday as detailed on their travel documents. Once on board, the Master will keep guests appraised of the situation and of any itinerary amendment necessary should a delay to departure be experienced. As you can appreciate weather forecasting is not an exact science so this is purely an advisory notice, and we reiterate that guests should check-in as normal.

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines.

That is frustrating, but sadly unavoidable.

We were on Black Watch in December when we had to return over a day late due to the incredible storms at the time and I know the Captain did everything possible to stay on schedule but in the end the sea will always have the last word.

Even ig you are stuck in port for a while I know everyone on board will still be having a good time thanks to the staff.

Jean

I am keeping my fingers crossed for your departure in good time and decent weather, but even if you are delayed I hope that you and your fellow passengers will have a great cruise :)

I must say that the final leg of the cruise looks rather tempting; I'm wrestling with good sense, not to mention my bank manager, but my recent Braemar cruise was a lot of fun. Though possibly Balmoral cruisers are not thrown out of the disco at 3am so the crew can get some sleep :D

I hope everyone gets away ok and the bad weather abates.

I am sure you will hit good weather soon, I suppose once you get through the BoB.

Have a great time and I hope to read lots of reviews when all return.

Happy cruising

Susan

Good luck, hope the storms are not too bad for you. I am sure you will enjoy the cruise anyway and most of the time the weather should be far better than here.

Regarding luggage labels on P&O - we have not sailed with them since last Feb, but up until then the problem was if you had clicked on 'Go green' on their website at any time. The P&O cruise forum, (as was), always had people warning others not to click 'Go green' or you did not even get a cruise book with the excursions and other details about the cruise (as well as luggage labels) by post, but only had the cruise personaliser for that info.

We have always had luggage labels and a cruise book from P&O as I was determined not to click on 'Go Green' even though we accessed some things on the cruise personaliser, especially some excursions as they can often sell out before the cruise book arrives. The system could have changed since last Feb, or it could explain the lack of luggage labels for some and not others. I also seem to remember a cruise company saying they will not send those things through the post for last minute bookings/prices - cannot remember which company though, or it may be a figment of my imagination!