Cruise ship furniture

Mooguy

Thought I remember there being a cruise ship furniture outlet or store in S Fl for retired cruise ship furniture? I am sure I would not find this here but would really like to know where to look.

These were ot the bar along Central Park on Oasis & I am sure on Allure too but at the time was not in market for something like itImageUploadedByForums1387042747.877447.jpg.d68a5310f5fade911d2724c2c6cc8623.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wish I knew of the place--if there is one. I would love one of those chairs and ottomans in the Jr. Suites. They are very comfortable and usually put me to sleep. I wonder, however, if they probably don't obtain all the furnishings somewhere across the pond--since they ships are built there.

Not only is the original furniture from Europe, but the lines can import the replacements and have them delivered to the ship without paying any customs duty, as it is going to a foreign flag ship.

While the used cruise furniture store is an interesting idea, I think the only place you'll find used ship furniture is by going dumpster diving in Port Ev or Freeport, Bahamas.

Not only is the original furniture from Europe, but the lines can import the replacements and have them delivered to the ship without paying any customs duty, as it is going to a foreign flag ship.

While the used cruise furniture store is an interesting idea, I think the only place you'll find used ship furniture is by going dumpster diving in Port Ev or Freeport, Bahamas.

Some research on Google and I found Disney has such a place for their resorts in FL

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Some research on Google and I found Disney has such a place for their resorts in FL

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Neat site. But, like I said, if they take anything off the ship as other than trash, they will have to pay import duty on the original cost, which is why the ships are not included on that site.

You can get the same or similar furniture. But you're not likely to find it retail. It would be through a commercial furnishing and supply operation. I have a family member who runs a commercial supply company, furnishing offices, hotels, restaurants. He works with a variety of vendors who deal in both U.S. and foreign manufactured goods.

All you would need to know is who manufactured it. If you're really curious the next time you sail, tip the chair over and see who manufactured it. Do a google search, and you'll probably find it. It's unlikely that the table and chair sets were a custom design for so few pieces (perhaps not the case with the furniture in the cabins, where there are hundreds if not thousands).

The only catch then is finding a commercial supplier who can order form the manufacturer, and is willing to go through the hassle for one set. Most commercial suppliers are interested on big orders.

The final caveat to ordering this type of thing is that it ships as a freight drop, meaning an 18 wheeler is going to show up and you'll be responsible for unloading, inspecting and signing off on the items.

You can get the same or similar furniture. But you're not likely to find it retail. It would be through a commercial furnishing and supply operation. I have a family member who runs a commercial supply company, furnishing offices, hotels, restaurants. He works with a variety of vendors who deal in both U.S. and foreign manufactured goods.

All you would need to know is who manufactured it. If you're really curious the next time you sail, tip the chair over and see who manufactured it. Do a google search, and you'll probably find it. It's unlikely that the table and chair sets were a custom design for so few pieces (perhaps not the case with the furniture in the cabins, where there are hundreds if not thousands).

The only catch then is finding a commercial supplier who can order form the manufacturer, and is willing to go through the hassle for one set. Most commercial suppliers are interested on big orders.

The final caveat to ordering this type of thing is that it ships as a freight drop, meaning an 18 wheeler is going to show up and you'll be responsible for unloading, inspecting and signing off on the items.

We did look under both tables & chairs and saw nothing.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app