bar prices

amcab

Hi can anyone advise me of bar prices on the Dream we are joining on the 29/12/13 for a week around the carribbian islands for our 1st cruise for my 50th, As we both enjoy a cider or 2 we are unsure wether to book the drinks package as we have been told there is a supplement on various drinks cider being 1 of them and am not sure if this would be good value or not

Depends what they are charging for the drinks package - we paid £69 per person last year and this was really good value but if the price is high it will not be worth it, bearing in mind that you may choose to have some drinks ashore during the day. We also used to bring a few local beers aboard. It all depends on how much you might drink.

We're on the Celebration next year in October doing the Black Sea, this will be our first Thomson cruise. We got the AI for £69pp for the 14 nights, I just want to make sure how it works. Looking at the menu posted in the link above, I'd only pay extra for the drinks which have a smaller price with the asterix next to it also listed. Also, how come some drinks of the same price, you have to pay the extra on????

Thanks soda after reading the prices probably won't bother as the AI price is £189 each if I drank 50 pints of strongbow paying cash would equal itself out If I drank that on AI it would cost me another £100 on top

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks soda after reading the prices probably won't bother as the AI price is £189 each if I drank 50 pints of strongbow paying cash would equal itself out If I drank that on AI it would cost me another £100 on top

The medical recommendation for a couple is 35 units of alcohol per week = approx 17 drinks at £3.50 = £59.50.

Holidays are for health... alcohol can provide added pleasure and more than 35 units... ill-health. Rather beats the point of a holiday.

The medical recommendation for a couple is 35 units of alcohol per week = approx 17 drinks at £3.50 = £59.50.

Holidays are for health... alcohol can provide added pleasure and more than 35 units... ill-health. Rather beats the point of a holiday.

I do not agree with more than 35 units can lead to ill health (Government spin) so I will counteract that with:

Alcohol is a relaxant, it lowers your inhibitions which enables you to have more fun without worry!

Having more fun and relaxing helps the body and mind brush away the daily stress of normal life.

Less stress in normal life can help lead less ill health.

Therefore Alcohol (whilst still in moderation) when on holiday is a bonus!

:p:p

Edited by NathanG

We're on the Celebration next year in October doing the Black Sea, this will be our first Thomson cruise. We got the AI for £69pp for the 14 nights, I just want to make sure how it works. Looking at the menu posted in the link above, I'd only pay extra for the drinks which have a smaller price with the asterix next to it also listed. Also, how come some drinks of the same price, you have to pay the extra on????

Yes, that is correct, anything with a seprate price, with the asterisk, is the price you pay when on the AI (or DP as they now call it).

As for why some drinks are free, and others have a supplement, even though they have the same base price, because it makes them more money, about the only reason i can think of. It never used to be that bad (on my first cruise, some spirits were 10p extra, not like that anymore), and it seems anything with Cranberry costs more, so Cranberry must be a very expensive drink :eek:

Edited by sodafountain

There is no free AI or cheap AI on The Dream in the Caribbean next year.:cool: We paid as you go and took a wine package on board at £59.80 for 5 bottles each week,a good deal.:) We spent just over £400 on drinks on board including wine deal. The AI might pay if you stay on board every day drinking ( don't think so ). £800= 16 pints a day or 16 double spirits every night:eek: to break even??:confused:

We were on the Dream 15th Dec... First Cruise News twice on the front page.. No Alcohol permitted for consumption on board and would be confiscated for collection at the end of the cruise. At 10am that day, TANNOY!!:eek: The on board shops were open and Alcohol was available for sale for CONSUMPTION on board???????????? You could also buy on shore and never questioned??????:confused: