Mini Humidifier

funtime238

I just purchased a mini humidifier to take on our next cruise. We have not had any problem, but someone suggested it to us if we were to book an inside room at some point.

I received it in the mail today. Other than the directions being all in Chinese, it seems to work well and is a cute little thing. I was wondering if any one would share their experience with us if they had used one before. Thank you in advance.

Depends on where your cruise is going. You probably will not need it in the Caribbean as the humidity (even in interior rooms) is in the 70-90% range. Possibly on an Alaskan Cruise, it might be cool enough that the humidity is under 50-60%. But it is just another thing to take along.

You can also humidify the room by running the shower on HOT for about 3-4 minutes with the door open.

We use humidifiers here in Tucson because our humidity can range down in the 0-20% range.

Would never consider taking one on a cruise. Last two cruises were interiors on a Caribbean Cruise and the humidity was fine in an interior.

Running the shower works well since there are no exhaust fans in the cabins
Observation: When you switch your cabin-bathroom light on

it also switches on the exhaust fan that lives in the ceiling right over the toilet.

--------------------

Are we talking humidifiers here? or DE-humidifiers? :confused:

I just purchased a mini humidifier to take on our next cruise. We have not had any problem, but someone suggested it to us if we were to book an inside room at some point.

I received it in the mail today. Other than the directions being all in Chinese, it seems to work well and is a cute little thing. I was wondering if any one would share their experience with us if they had used one before. Thank you in advance.

I can't imagine needing a humidifier in the Caribbean. Normal humidity in the Caribbean is like 70 to 100%. I would think adding even more humidity would make your cabin musty.

It never occurred to me that a humidifier might be needed.
We were on VALOR back in June.

Maybe they'd recently overhauled the air-con system filters/dryers etc

but the air in our inside cabin was very dry -so dry it gave my wife nosebleeds.

She was quite uncomfortable with air that dry

and was actively considering placing a bowl of water near the bed to raise the humidity somewhat.

The dryness didn't affect me but She was grumbling, poor girl.

We're on Valor again in Feb. (same cabin) so we'll see what gives, some months later.

May need to ask the cabin steward if they can supply humidifiers.

I'm sure we're not the first folks with this problem.

Edited by Aplmac