Ketchican & Skagway help? Please and thank you...

langleyfld

We will be renting a car in Skagway and driving the highway into Canada. It is only costing $120 for 4 of us. We will be in port over 12 hours so we have plenty of time.

We are too! Since we have such a long day in Skagway, 4 of us will be renting a "green jeep" and driving through the Yukon territory and up to see beautiful Emerald Lake! Remember to take your driver's license, insurance proof, passports and seapass!!! They even provide you with some snacks, a cooler of water, a map of the sites, and a guided tour on tape!! Perfect to DIY!!:cool:

Since we have such a long day in Skagway, 4 of us will be renting a "green jeep" and driving through the Yukon territory and up to see beautiful Emerald Lake! Remember to take your driver's license, insurance proof, passports and seapass!!! They even provide you with some snacks, a cooler of water, a map of the sites, and a guided tour on tape!! Perfect to DIY!!:cool:

Such an easy peasy DIY. I've driven the road several times, both on camping trips driving in from the AlCan Hwy. (there is a lovely campground in Dyea) and renting a vehicle for the day while on a cruise. The scenery is spectacular and very varied.

Your pictures are breathtaking subtchr. And we thought we were the only ones who happened to have great weather on our trip to Alaska.

I know the OP has already booked for Ketchikan, but want to mention that we went kayaking and had an amazing time of it.

Alaska is so beautiful!

Such an easy peasy DIY. I've driven the road several times, both on camping trips driving in from the AlCan Hwy. (there is a lovely campground in Dyea) and renting a vehicle for the day while on a cruise. The scenery is spectacular and very varied.

Thanks for confirming our choice NorthernAurora! There are 8 in our group but only 4 of us have decided to do this. After seeing some pics of Emerald Lake and the areas driving up to it, I was sure that I wanted to rent the jeep to explore on our own! I do believe that our other 2 couples will be thoroughly disappointed they elected not to join us! Reading your comment makes me doubly excited now! We will all start our land portion in Fairbanks. Since you are from there, any "must do's" while we are there? We won't arrive until after 8pm, will overnight, then have the "gold dredge" tour through RCCL the next morning; however, have that afternoon on our own with another overnight, and then off to Denali the next a.m. Your thoughts/ideas are appreciated!:D;)