name change (different passenger) on reservation?

theampres

can you change passenger name - different person - on reservation after final payment? may need to change sailing partner on upcoming cruise. likely won't know for sure until a week or so before sail date. As long as 1 passenger remains same, can this be done? does anyone know if and up to how long before sail date this can be done? is there any kind of cancellation fee or other penalty? anyone ever done this or know if it can be done? appreciate your feedback - thank you.

Edited by theampres

Suggest you phone your TA or a Celebrity reservation manager. A few years ago this was a possibility for us and was told we could change one passenger up to 24 hours before sailing. However, there is a thread here from last July indicating a change in policy, and one different from RC's policy. Likely this is a situation that does not come up so often policy is set in stone, so best to ask X for current advice. I believe I had an email from my TA from her X rep explaining the policy in writing, so there would be no issue if/when we had to change passenger.

2012 thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1672144

thanks for helpful link, Janet, and to everyone who replied - appreciate your help. will make call today and good idea to get in writing. as we all know, policy subject to change at any time and 'customer service' at best, not nec. consistent.

anyone actually do this, i.e., change guest on reservation after final payment - or attempt to, recently?

thanks, everyone!

It's not a problem to change one person on the reservation. The only question is the time frame. I don't know what the minimum time is any more but I believe it's a longer period than it used to be so please check.

I asked my TA about this for my November sailing, and was told I had to have the final PAX names by 10 days prior to sailing since reservation was through a group. Otherwise all information was required 4 days prior to sailing.

I asked my TA about this for my November sailing, and was told I had to have the final PAX names by 10 days prior to sailing since reservation was through a group. Otherwise all information was required 4 days prior to sailing.

Thanks, I was thinking it was 72 hours, but four days sounds reasonable. I know that they need time to do a security check.

My friend did this -- but years ago -- on Celebrity. Her husband just refused to go after she surprised him with it. She had a friend go instead and it was pretty easy, as I recall. I think she did this about a month ahead of time.

Funny thing is, he thought he would hate cruising and she finally got him to go on one a couple of years ago. He found out he loved it after all.

We were told we could change a passenger up to four days before sailing but didn't test this. We made our final payment before designating one of our passengers (our nanny). I think we added her just a few weeks before sailing. We weren't told of any possible penalties. The rate could change, of course, if the original passenger had a discount (senior, child) that the subsequent passenger doesn't qualify for.

We were told we could change a passenger up to four days before sailing but didn't test this. We made our final payment before designating one of our passengers (our nanny). I think we added her just a few weeks before sailing. We weren't told of any possible penalties. The rate could change, of course, if the original passenger had a discount (senior, child) that the subsequent passenger doesn't qualify for.

unless you booked a solo rate, the 2nd passenger is covered with with initial booing, you paid for 2 just no taxes or port fees yet for #2. Adding #2 will even get the 123 perks #1 got when booking ages ago.

Adding 3rd or 4th to the cabin, also fall under the initial booking rate and whatever additional passenger cost is in place for the rate code.