Group PlatinumBoarding Question

danny91180

My wife and I are both platinum. We are cruising with a group (total 22 including us). Some past guest some first timers. If we all meet up at the terminal (New Orleans) at the same time. Will everyone in the group get to priority board (skip the line) with us?

My wife and I are both platinum. We are cruising with a group (total 22 including us). Some past guest some first timers. If we all meet up at the terminal (New Orleans) at the same time. Will everyone in the group get to priority board (skip the line) with us?

No, only those booked in your cabin.

Will everyone in the group get to priority board (skip the line) with us?

OP, I assume you are asking because you want to do the right thing. Kudos! :)

But, if I heard somebody trying pull this type of move while I was waiting to board, I'd strongly object to the superviser at the port to prevent it. :mad:

Edited by The4Cruisers

But, if I heard somebody trying pull this type of move while I was waiting to board, I'd strongly object to the superviser at the port to prevent it. :mad:

The right thing is get in line with the 20 other people.Why separate from the group, then have to just stand there to regroup.

The right thing is get in line with the 20 other people.Why separate from the group, then have to just stand there to regroup.

I meant that if someone was trying to board their big group as Platinum and they all weren't eligible, I'd be unhappy and have to take the staff to task.

I meant that if someone was trying to board their big group as Platinum and they all weren't eligible, I'd be unhappy and have to take the staff to task.

I agree. My statement revolved around trying to get 20 others to board with them. Why couldn't they go to general waiting with their group to keep them all together. What purpose would 2 of them accomplish boarding sooner when they would just wait on board for the rest of the group?

OP will still however need to check in in the VIP lounge, because their Sail & Sign cards will be there, not in the general check-in area. After that, they'll be able to join the rest of their group in general boarding or just wait and meet up onboard.

The card will be in a different area, true. When I started checking in, an attendant told me to go to an available person, followed her instruction. The gal left for a few minutes and got my card. I apologized, but told her the attendant told me the wrong area. It was really weird, because there was no one in line anywhere!

Why should an entire group get to board early just because you are platinum? If you want to board early, go for it. Otherwise board with your group. The ship isn't going to leave early just because you boarded early.

As the OP is Platinum, he already knew the answer was "No, they can't board early with you."

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling

Are you wanting to board with your whole group so you can get a group boarding photo? If so, check in at Platinum and then wait with the rest of the group so you can board together.

Only if everyone is on your credit card for onboard expenses.

Who are you the "boarding police"? Geez the poster was only asking a question. Oh yea you gave him your blessing "for doing the right thing". Sheesh!

Who are you the "boarding police"? Geez the poster was only asking a question. Oh yea you gave him your blessing "for doing the right thing". Sheesh!

Who are you the "posting police"? Geez the poster was only responding to a question that the OP knew the answer to.

Only if everyone is on your credit card for onboard expenses.

Even that can be iffy...we sailed with our 15 & 16 yr old grandson's this past October. Needless to say they were set up on my credit card. We went to the Platinum area and they told me the boys would have to go wait in the general boarding line. This was in Tampa...needless to say THAT wasn't going to happen.I told her I did not feel that it was correct for them to have to board on their own...they are kids and I was paying for everything..she begrudgingly told me to wait...and after some time she came back and said they could board with us....it will be interesting to see if the same scenario plays out in Feb when we again will be sailing from Tampa, but this time with our daughters and once again I'm paying for everything...

They could if they buy FTTF.

Even that can be iffy...we sailed with our 15 & 16 yr old grandson's this past October. Needless to say they were set up on my credit card. We went to the Platinum area and they told me the boys would have to go wait in the general boarding line. This was in Tampa...needless to say THAT wasn't going to happen.I told her I did not feel that it was correct for them to have to board on their own...they are kids and I was paying for everything..she begrudgingly told me to wait...and after some time she came back and said they could board with us....it will be interesting to see if the same scenario plays out in Feb when we again will be sailing from Tampa, but this time with our daughters and once again I'm paying for everything...

15 and 16 year olds should be allowed to board with their parents/grandparents... Depends how old your daughters are.. minors should be allowed to board with the adults they are cruising with...

In Miami, my nephew paid for himself (Platinum) his girlfriend in his cabin and her parents in another cabin... At check-in the parents were told they needed to go on the regular line even through nephew paid for everyones cruise on his credit card... When the parents got to check in there was no problem as they were told the credit card was already on file because they had filled out the fun pass in advance...

So, even through one person paid for all 4 passengers, at least in Miami, everyone is not allowed to check in together in the VIP Room...

15 and 16 year olds should be allowed to board with their parents/grandparents... Depends how old your daughters are.. minors should be allowed to board with the adults they are cruising with...

In Miami, my nephew paid for himself (Platinum) his girlfriend in his cabin and her parents in another cabin... At check-in the parents were told they needed to go on the regular line even through nephew paid for everyones cruise on his credit card... When the parents got to check in there was no problem as they were told the credit card was already on file because they had filled out the fun pass in advance...

So, even through one person paid for all 4 passengers, at least in Miami, everyone is not allowed to check in together in the VIP Room...

I don't think it's just Miami or Tampa. Wasn't there a change made regarding people on one credit card so they couldn't board with a platinum? It was a loophole, but Carnival caught on. People were doing this, then boarding, go to guest services and change everything around to their own credit card. Of course this caused repeated computer changes as well as tie up the guest services line.

Edited by RuthlessBoss