"LIVE" From The Brilliance of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

Checking for updates as I have my morning coffee. Glad the internet is working for you.

This week in particular I am so glad to have your 'live' thread. I was supposed to be on Adventure of the Seas this week but my cruising / dive buddy (my son) could not get the week off work so I had to cancel earlier in the year. So a big thank you for taking me along. Some day I will get to cruise again....sigh....

Edited by Loves_Dogs

Day 2 - Tuesday - Key West - Docked

Good Morning Everyone...

I am just back to the cabin after going up to the Windjammer Coffee Area for some morning coffee and then out to the Pool Deck to hang out and sip coffee with the Veterans and Smokers.

Judith is still asleep...

We are scheduled to arrive in Key West at 11:30 am and the "All Aboard Time" is 5:00 pm.

Temperature is forecast to be 76 degrees with partly cloudy skys.

We have tickets for the "Hop On - Hop Off" bus/train for a narrated tour.

Kathie told us last night at dinner that they saw a young couple towing their luggage back to their car yesterday afternoon about 2:45.

The last chance to check in was 2:30 and they were apparently a few minutes late.

I feel sorry for them but it is a TSA rule that RCI turn in its list of passengers 90 minutes before boarding time.

NOTE to "MrFunInTheSun"

I am able to upload 5 photos at a time to PhotoBucket in less than a minute.

I think the difference between you and me is that your photos were a larger file size. Sometimes the RCI systems limit file sizes for uploading/downloading.

They had a sauce (named forgotten) designed to go with the Mixed Grill. Neither Judith nor I liked it.

That looks like a classic french Béarnaise sauce. Basically made from butter, white wine vinegar, egg yolks and tarragon.

For some reason it's a very popular sauce here in Sweden and you can buy it ready off the shelf in any supermarket. It's also very popular to put on pizza. Yes, you heard me right. On pizza.

As I've come to understand it's not nearly as popular in the US as it is here in Sweden. I bet like 8 of 10 restaurants here have it on their menu to serve with meat and fries.

Merry Christmas, Jim & Judith!! Cyndee & I are glad you're both on your last "SMOKING" cruise.

I know you'll enjoy it as much as we land-bound folks will enjoy your posts.

Bring back some sunshine and warmth!

Check out this Christmas display website, everybody:

http://www.flixxy.com/best-christmas-lights-display.htm

All of the Biscuits and Gravy I have had on RCI Ships consistently get the same rating:

"Ordinary"

I don't know what they are supposed to be, but they are definitely not "Southern Style!"

The gravy is "white stuff" and mixed in with it are slices of sausage. (Maybe left over from a previous breakfast?)

The Biscuits are flat and unimpressive.

DSCN1235_zps9c9cd595.jpg

DSCN1236_zps3ab509d5.jpg

NOTE TO RCI:

Now that rumors are that the Honey Stung Chicken is being eliminated, Corporate should consider a "partnership" with Bojangles Famous Chicken and Biscuits.

http://www.bojangles.com/

This is what fluffy, made from scratch, biscuits and southern sausage gravy look like.

29.png

Edited by Trainman-2