Tortola

Beth

Slightly off topic, Anyone taken a ferry from St. Thomas (Red Hook) to Tortola and back? Could be an option, though its probably a lot of ferry time.

I don't think the other lines have cut their Tortola stops. That would also be an option if you're ok with sailing other lines.

We went to Tortola on the Breeze, in April, but I heard they are dropping this island, sometime in 2014:mad::mad: We took a boat over to Jost Van Dyke, and had a great day. Painkillers at the Sandy Dollar Bar....PRICELESS:D:D

It is called the soggy dollar bar and is the best excursion so far that we have taken. It was voted best Caribbean beach bar again for 2013.

The Sunshine was originally scheduled to visit Tortola in October 2014 but was moved to San Juan due to dock construction taking place. Not sure how long or how many ships it affects, but it make it more difficult to find a cruise visiting this specific port.

Slightly off topic, Anyone taken a ferry from St. Thomas (Red Hook) to Tortola and back? Could be an option, though its probably a lot of ferry time.

I don't think the other lines have cut their Tortola stops. That would also be an option if you're ok with sailing other lines.

I'm doing this next week. It's only an hour each way.

You'll need to take your passports.

A few years ago we did an all day sail to Tortola, Jost van Dyke and a few other areas from St Thomas. We did passport control on St John.

Edited by SadieN

I'm doing this next week. It's only an hour each way.

You'll need to take your passports.

A few years ago we did an all day sail to Tortola, Jost van Dyke and a few other areas from St Thomas. We did passport control on St John.

Good information. Thank you! :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

We were scheduled to go to Tortola on the Liberty in July (one of the reasons we booked this cruise). We received an email with the itinerary change due to dock construction. They replaced Tortola with San Juan. This is the 2nd time we've booked Tortola and a change happened. Oh well... Waiting for the summer 2015 cruises to open up to see if we can find one that goes there...

Good information. Thank you! :cool:

Heck I gave up searching for a cruise to. Tortola, jost,etc so just booked a week in. St Thomas staying a mile from red hook. I go in May and should be an expert before the splendor repo cruise.