Drink Package - Do You Still Need to Sign for Your Drinks?

sailingforever

If you're a regular at a certain place, they will start to remember your number and no longer require the card. On our recent 15-day cruise, after about day 3 or 4 the staff at Cafe Al Bacio, the Aquaspa Cafe, and Blu all recognized us by sight and knew our numbers already so no card was required with them for the remainder of the cruise.

Thanks for straightening that out for me.

I have never had the drink package. So, I had been thinking, if you have to have your card scanned each time, there would be the same physical effort as simply signing.

Edited by dmk

Our cards were swiped at the bars each time we ordered. I thought it was so the bartender could get his/her tip on each drink we ordered. At the MDR we only needed our cards once or twice as it was kept on file. However, after getting our bill at the end of the cruise, it did appear that we drank sometimes up to 20 glasses of wine some nights (no way did that happen!). Since we weren't paying per glass, I assumed the waiter "upped" his tip payment for the night!

So, does anyone have a suggestion - I don't drink much at all (alcoholic) unless the fufu drink of the day catches my attention. I may like an occasional coke. I cannot get the Celebrity website information regarding the drink packages to work. An error message keeps coming up saying they can't find the page. It seems to me that if one person buys the classic package then the other person in the room gets the soda package for free. Is that right? Does the soda package include bottle water? Was I reading correctly that the classic package is $14.00 a day? That seems good considering the price of drinks. My husband may have an occasional glass of wine with dinner or a gin and tonic.

I can't quite decide if these packages are worth it for us or whether we should buy drinks on a "as needed" basis by the glass.

Our cruise is on the "Silhouette" on March 2.

So, does anyone have a suggestion - I don't drink much at all (alcoholic) unless the fufu drink of the day catches my attention. I may like an occasional coke. I cannot get the Celebrity website information regarding the drink packages to work. An error message keeps coming up saying they can't find the page. It seems to me that if one person buys the classic package then the other person in the room gets the soda package for free. Is that right? Does the soda package include bottle water? Was I reading correctly that the classic package is $14.00 a day? That seems good considering the price of drinks. My husband may have an occasional glass of wine with dinner or a gin and tonic.

I can't quite decide if these packages are worth it for us or whether we should buy drinks on a "as needed" basis by the glass.

Our cruise is on the "Silhouette" on March 2.

The Classic package for Alcohol is $44 per day, plus 15%, and the other person in the cabin DOES NOT get a free soda package. What made you think that?

Well, my goodness, I sure did misread. In pushing the button that says "Learn More" under the 123GO promotion, it says each additional guest in the stateroom gets a nonalcoholic drink package for free. Of course, I was not reading it correctly. I was originally thinking that it meant the "additional guest" over the first one but, of course, it means after the first "two" guests pay the total fee of $88.00 per day.

So, now that I have read it correctly, there is no way that the package would benefit us. We don't drink $88.00 worth of booze in a day. I wish my husband could buy the classic package and I could buy the soda package. That is probably the closest thing to what would work for us.

The Classic package for Alcohol is $44 per day, plus 15%, and the other person in the cabin DOES NOT get a free soda package. What made you think that?

Well, my goodness, I sure did misread. In pushing the button that says "Learn More" under the 123GO promotion, it says each additional guest in the stateroom gets a nonalcoholic drink package for free. Of course, I was not reading it correctly. I was originally thinking that it meant the "additional guest" over the first one but, of course, it means after the first "two" guests pay the total fee of $88.00 per day.

So, now that I have read it correctly, there is no way that the package would benefit us. We don't drink $88.00 worth of booze in a day. I wish my husband could buy the classic package and I could buy the soda package. That is probably the closest thing to what would work for us.

The best thing for you to do is to check and see if you can get the 1-2-3 Go promotion added to your current reservation. Call your TA or Celebrity directly if you booked it through them to see if this is possible. The choice would be the classic alcohol package for FREE for the two of you or 200 in OBC for the two of you in total to spend however you wish on the ship. The free soda package comes into play if there is a third person in the cabin, then that person would get the soda package complimentary. This is only through the current 1-2-3 Go promotion. Now, if the 1-2-3 can be added, if may cost you more than you paid for your cruise and then you can make the determination as to whether or not the additional cost would be worth it for the two of you to then earn the 88.00 per day benefit. The classic package also includes coffee drinks such as espresso, lattes and cappuccinos and bottled water as well as beer up to 6 bucks and wine and mixed drinks up to 8.00.

If you have the classic drink package, and you order a drink over the amount, do you just pay the difference? How does that work?

If you have the Classic package and you order a drink over the amount, you are charged the full price of the drink.

if you have the Premium package and you order a drink over the amount, you only pay the difference

The Classic package covers beer up to 6 bucks and wine and mixed drinks up to 8.00. If you order a craft beer that is 12.00, like a Duval or a martini at the Martini Bar that is 10.00, then you'll pay the entire amount if you only have the Classic. But, if you upgrade to the Premium, which will cost you 11.50 per day (10, plus 15%), then the limits are inflated to 13.00 for beer, wine and mixed drinks. If you then order a cognac that is 16.00, you're charged the 3.00 differential, plus 0.45 tip.

In general, if you like to drink better wine, or Martinis made with better ingredients or if you are going to be on a S Class ship that has a Molecular Bar, then the upgrade to the premium is the way to go. It also entitles you to San Pellegrino, Evian, Red Bull and Vitamin Waters that are not part of the classic package. The Premium upgrade also gives you piece of mind that about 90%+ of what you can drink will be covered.