Alcoholic coffee and drink package

xxHadleyxx

Does anyone know what the "alcoholic" coffee drinks (coffee with Bailys, etc) are categorized as for the purpose of the drinks packages?

Would they be considered a "specialty coffee" which would mean you would need the Ultimate package to get them (but then that gets confusing when you look at the replenish package, right?). Or would they be cocktails or something else that is covered under the premium package?

Does anyone know what the "alcoholic" coffee drinks (coffee with Bailys, etc) are categorized as for the purpose of the drinks packages?

Would they be considered a "specialty coffee" which would mean you would need the Ultimate package to get them (but then that gets confusing when you look at the replenish package, right?). Or would they be cocktails or something else that is covered under the premium package?

On the ship, I was told that they are considered specialty coffees. Therefore, my little group (we all had the new Premium Beverage Package) just ordered half cups of coffee and each got various shots to share. Our favorite combination to add to coffee was: Amaretto, Kahlua, and Bailey's. Did this a few times during our cruise.

The exception was at Chops. We had a great waiter that pretty much gave us anything (within reason) with our package. Two of the people in my group got specialty drinks w/alcohol & NO extra charge.

I was on the Grandeur of the Seas their first week of implementing the package, so I seemed to know more about them than most of the people working on the ship. I anyone said something wasn't included, I got used to asking for a supervisor. The hardest thing to get ended up being bottled water, since they weren't properly stocked for all the new requests for it. Overall, the Premium Beverage Package was a great value for my group of people.

Thanks for the bump finallycruising! :)

I believe that the addition of alcohol makes them a cocktail for drink package purposes and things like lattes are considered speciality coffees.

This is what I was hoping.

On the ship, I was told that they are considered specialty coffees. Therefore, my little group (we all had the new Premium Beverage Package) just ordered half cups of coffee and each got various shots to share. Our favorite combination to add to coffee was: Amaretto, Kahlua, and Bailey's. Did this a few times during our cruise.

The exception was at Chops. We had a great waiter that pretty much gave us anything (within reason) with our package. Two of the people in my group got specialty drinks w/alcohol & NO extra charge.

I was on the Grandeur of the Seas their first week of implementing the package, so I seemed to know more about them than most of the people working on the ship. I anyone said something wasn't included, I got used to asking for a supervisor. The hardest thing to get ended up being bottled water, since they weren't properly stocked for all the new requests for it. Overall, the Premium Beverage Package was a great value for my group of people.

Thank you very much for sharing your first hand experience :)

• 2 weeks later...

So you *can* get a Bailey's and coffee you just have to make it yourself with the basic coffee everyone can get - right? I can live with that.

So you *can* get a Bailey's and coffee you just have to make it yourself with the basic coffee everyone can get - right? I can live with that.

Yes, you *can* and I did several times. To make it easier for me to make, I asked for the waiter to only pure me a half a cup of coffee. Then when my shot came, I added it to my coffee.

The Premium Drink Package worked out great for my little group of people. I ended up getting everything I wanted and more. Finally a cruise without worrying how much money I will spend on drinks and bottled water (spent around $200 on water without the drink package).