Does the Captain attend the Meet and Mingle get togethers?

Our M&M was great. One of our members - Polish Falcon - did the work of sending invitations to much of the staff. He also went to the Welcome Aboard party and waited right where the staff walked off as they were introduced and re-invited everyone he could.

No, the captain didn't show up. But several of the important staff members did. The executive chef came. He was a great guy named Methaji Dasarathan from India and made a point of working the dining room at some point during the cruise so we saw and spoke with him a few times. The man from Concierge named Michel Rodrigues from Portugal also showed up. And I spoke with Terry Lunder at the M&M, the Hotel Director from Norway, which was fun for me since my daughter is in college majoring in Hospitality Management with her sites set on being a Hotel Director. He even got his masters degree in hospitality management from the university in my city. There may have been others at our M&M. But those are the 3 I photographed.

We had such a good showing at our M&M (about 23 I think) that it was hard to keep track of and speak to everyone.

Hi to all from the Serenade - Sept 12th, if you read this. :D It was a great time.

If you want any of the staff to show up, invite them. And be sure you have some CC members committed to show up, too. And YOU - go yourself. ;)

The Captain did not attend our M&M on the Radiance this past February - there was a very nice RCI employee there that made sure we had goodies and drinks.

We actually saw the Captain around the ship quite a few times - once having lunch in the Windjammer :)

I know that Capt Bang used to attend.Recently his sweet wife,who was a very active and informative (obviously) member,became frustrated with some of the comments being made towards her.I would not be surprised to see him stop this practice.Paul,It looks like you were on in early June.That was about the time this happened,maybe a week or so later.:confused:

Archived