Wave Runners in Grand Cayman

dman1

We are on Navigator this weekend and are looking to rent some wave runners in Cayman. Will these be available at 7 mile beach? If so, any idea of what the cost will be and if there are age restrictions? We also thought of just a beach day excursion but $45 seemed a lot of a complimentary drink and a beach chair. Is this worth the $$?? Thanks for the help!!

Don't buy anything through the ship.

When you get to shore, find the people who sell tours.

They will put you in a van and take people down to the beach.

They will make several stops at the beach access spots.

They have all the rentals up & down the beach.

Take a look at what Island Marketing has to offer. The have a jetski excursion which is a tad pricy but we like the idea of going some place on a jetski rather than tooling around for an hour.

That was our favorite excursion! Waverunner to Stingray City then off to Rum Point for snorkeling. Highly recommend this excursion through Island Marketing.

That was our favorite excursion! Waverunner to Stingray City then off to Rum Point for snorkeling. Highly recommend this excursion through Island Marketing.

Twice we have booked this excursion, and twice it did not pan out. Was hoping to live vicariously through OP. :rolleyes:

Hubby rented a waverunner at Sea Grape Beach area....I think it was about $100 (give or take a couple bucks)...for about 45 mins....they gave him a short instruction (he knew what to do!), and then he was off to do his own thing. They show you how far you can go, and what area you must stay in.....you can't come up to be swimming area, for example....they have buoys to guide you back in.

The beach is free....chair rentals are available...food/drink/restrooms are right there, and the bus brings you there for $2.50 pp.

Another vote for this excursion. It was a great time! Water was a bit rough that day so it was a workout getting out to Stingray City.

• 3 months later...

We want to book this but here are a few questions. Did you get the transfers at $10 each to get there and back or did you get your own transport. Where and what is the Resort they have their wave runners at? I am trying to decide what is cheapest/more convenient way. There are 4 of us so I think maybe getting our own transportation might be cheaper depending on where it is. Thanks ahead of time for any info you can provide.

We want to book this but here are a few questions. Did you get the transfers at $10 each to get there and back or did you get your own transport. Where and what is the Resort they have their wave runners at? I am trying to decide what is cheapest/more convenient way. There are 4 of us so I think maybe getting our own transportation might be cheaper depending on where it is. Thanks ahead of time for any info you can provide.

I don't remember what we paid but we paid the costs through Island Marketing for transportation. We met people at the resort who took a cab from the pier and I think they paid more.

If you want to spend time at the resort, their beach, eat or drink, or use the pool (and FREE wifi), then take a cab because you can stay as long as you want afterwards. Otherwise the ride back to the pier through Island Marketing will be waiting for you upon return. Unless you work it out with the driver beforehand. We didn't think we'd want to stay but if we could we would have.

I did the wave runners with a friend last year too, it was only $95 (we prebooked online) with island marketing. It included a ride to and from, tho the lady expected a tip. We went to swim with the stingrays and rum point (a beautiful beach you won't normally get to visit on just a cruise excursion because of how far it is to drive). Much better deal than just renting one at a beach!

A couple of years ago we did this through Island Marketing... Great Excursion... This July we will be using Fat Fish to do the same tour... No specific reason we changed... Just read great reviews about Fat Fish as well. I cant remember the age restriction for Island Marketing but I know Fat Fish is 16 years old to drive your own Jet Ski. I would assume it would be the same for both.

Cant wait. This has been our favorite excursion.... July.... hurry up.....