The Vibe...worth it?

RMS Olympic

I am sailing on the Getaway in September. Would like to know if purchasing a spot at Vibe (adult sun deck) will be worth it. So for those that have sailed Breakaway and used the Vibe sundeck area, was it worth it? Did you find being away from the "action" around the main pool area a plus or minus?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

I was on the Breakaway last September/October. I too was going back and forth about it and was it worth it. I can say that it was 100% worth it.

You use your room card in order to get into the deck and when people that were not supposed to be there tried to get in they got rid of them quickly. The deck has some great views. You do not have to deal with the noise and the hustle and bustle of the crowds not to mention worrying about finding a chair, leaving your stuff etc.

It has two Hot tubs and with less people there you have more say over if you want the water hotter/colder. I got a Cabana and I think it was worth it but even if you just get a regular pass go for it.

They occasionally bring around fruit, chololate, etc for your to munch on. The service at the bar is a lot better and you do not have to wait like you would do on the main deck and they also have a waiter that comes around to take your order.

I think one of the best parts of it is that you have the same people around you every day. There is no need to wonder whom you will be talking with and going over the same intro small talk each day. You can find people that you enjoy and hang with them day in and day out. This is much easier when you know where they will be every day. If you can swing it go for it.

Sounds good to me. Were you able to book it before boarding or only after checking in? If you purchased your pass onboard, was it done at the pursers desk? I read there are only a very limited number of passes, so I guess getting one as soon as possible is necessary. Thanks

We were going to try to purchase passes on our November cruise on the Breakaway, but after reading how hard it is to purchase them (arriving very early at the port to be in the first group let onboard, and practically running to guest services), we decided to just to spa passes, and not start our vacation with stress!

Well worth it!!!! My wife and I sailed the BA in September. They sold 50? maybe 40 passes @ $79.00 (for the entire week). The problem is getting the passes. We had to almost run (boarded in group 1) to the customer service desk. It was like they were giving away money, must have been 20 people in front of us and we all knew were each one was headed. It was sold out within 10 minutes. If you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch:D

Edited by Laszlo