Royal Princess Television Channels

crewzr

I have heard that there are on-demand movies, but which television channels are available on the Royal Princess? I have heard there is a limited selection.

I will be on the Royal Princess in February and it would be helpful to know what options I have ahead of time.

Also, are you able to check your online expense account from the television?

As I remember, there was CNN, BBC, Fox News, HLN, and a bunch of others. No US major networks. There was a channel with just TV shows on demand. Since the TV Guide is electronic, I don't have anything I can reference and I only turned on the TV a couple of times.

Here's a pretty complete list of everything available while I was aboard earlier this month. See the screen shots for TV channels, etc.

A list of some of the complimentary TV shows and movies currently playing on the In Stateroom entertainment system:

TV SHOWS

- The Love Boat

- New Girl

- Raising Hope

- Mike and Molly

- Parks and Recreation

- The Middle

- Veep

- Cougar Town

- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

- How I Met Your Mother

- 30 Rock

- Bones

- Dexter

- Homeland

- Goodwife

- NCIS

- Boardwalk Empire

- Greys Anatomy

- Mad Men

- The Newsroom

MOVIES

- Elysium

- Man of Steel

- Star Trek Into Darkness

- The Heat

- World War Z

- Searching for Sugarman

- The Lone Ranger

- White House Down

- After Earth

- Fast and Furious 6

- Olympus Has Fallen

- Iron Man 3

- Skyfall

- Oblivion

- The Hobbit (Part 1)

- Parkland

- Jobs

- The Great Gatsby

- Life of Pi

- Flight

- Turbo

- Brave

- The Croods

- Oz The Great and Powerful

11361712415_86e09d0338_c.jpg

11361712765_b4386c2774_c.jpg

11361712775_4003aebedf_c.jpg

We were on the Royal in November and were not able to access our expense account from the tv:(

That's not an option on the TV however your account is viewable on any Wi-Fi device using a password or as already posted a kiosk printed copy near the PSD.

Edited by Astro Flyer

As mentioned above you can also check your shipboard account from any mobile device or tablet. Go on the free INTRANET (http://www.royal.princess.com when you are aboard ship) and there is a tab labeled STATEROOM ACCOUNT. You'll have to set up a password access code but it's all part of that complimentary system:

11467855906_39126035e7_c.jpg

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Here's a pretty complete list of everything available while I was aboard earlier this month. See the screen shots for TV channels, etc.

A list of some of the complimentary TV shows and movies currently playing on the In Stateroom entertainment system:

TV SHOWS

- The Love Boat

- New Girl

- Raising Hope

- Mike and Molly

- Parks and Recreation

- The Middle

- Veep

- Cougar Town

- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

- How I Met Your Mother

- 30 Rock

- Bones

- Dexter

- Homeland

- Goodwife

- NCIS

- Boardwalk Empire

- Greys Anatomy

- Mad Men

- The Newsroom

MOVIES

- Elysium

- Man of Steel

- Star Trek Into Darkness

- The Heat

- World War Z

- Searching for Sugarman

- The Lone Ranger

- White House Down

- After Earth

- Fast and Furious 6

- Olympus Has Fallen

- Iron Man 3

- Skyfall

- Oblivion

- The Hobbit (Part 1)

- Parkland

- Jobs

- The Great Gatsby

- Life of Pi

- Flight

- Turbo

- Brave

- The Croods

- Oz The Great and Powerful

11361712415_86e09d0338_c.jpg

11361712765_b4386c2774_c.jpg

11361712775_4003aebedf_c.jpg

Looks better than what I have seen on most cruise ships regardless of the line. :) Is this selection limited to the Royal Princess and, even if so, is it likely that similar offerings will be available on the rest of the ships in the fleet in the foreseeable future?

As mentioned above you can also check your shipboard account from any mobile device or tablet. Go on the free INTRANET (http://www.royal.princess.com when you are aboard ship) and there is a tab labeled STATEROOM ACCOUNT. You'll have to set up a password access code but it's all part of that complimentary system:
Here's a screenshot of the main Intranet page:

ImageUploadedByForums1387587388.254482.jpg.c4b412871ccec835abc2ea694d48f38f.jpg

Looks better than what I have seen on most cruise ships regardless of the line. :) Is this selection limited to the Royal Princess and, even if so, is it likely that similar offerings will be available on the rest of the ships in the fleet in the foreseeable future?

I didn't list all of the movies (there were a LOT of them) on the In Stateroom Entertainment system, and they are all free of charge as are all of the TV shows. Not sure how this compares to other ships in the Princess fleet but I imagine this is unique to the system aboard Royal Princess. Last year on Ruby Princess the offerings were very minimal. They did have a channel playing Christmas music with a 'fireplace'.

I didn't list all of the movies (there were a LOT of them) on the In Stateroom Entertainment system, and they are all free of charge as are all of the TV shows. Not sure how this compares to other ships in the Princess fleet but I imagine this is unique to the system aboard Royal Princess. Last year on Ruby Princess the offerings were very minimal. They did have a channel playing Christmas music with a 'fireplace'.

The Royal is the only Princess ship with the great entertainment system & all of their other ships have the same system you experienced on the Ruby.

Here's a screenshot of the main Intranet page:

[ATTACH]296165[/ATTACH]

That looks familiar. ;) I only ever used my Nook once and that was to get a few different screen shots. For the rest of the cruise I used my iPhone, which displayed the screen you've shared in that attached image.