A few questions about my upcoming cruise on Reflection

Kansas Jayhawk Cruiser

My wife, father-in-law, and I are booked on the Dec 28 Celebrity Reflection Eastern Med cruise. We have all cruised before, but first time for my FIL on the Reflection. I love this ship and love Celebrity, so I am sure we will have a good time. Want to get the most out of it, so I have a few questions.

I signed us all up for the roll call, but only 14 people so far have signed up! I sure hope we do get to 25.

I read somewhere that the best idea for lunch on embarkation day was to go to a restaurant on the back of ship somewhere, but I forgot which restaurant. Any ideas?

Our caving is 1673, aft, and I hear mixed things about it, some say they are great, some say they are not. Opinions?

We would love to try Blu, but we are not in an Aqua Spa room, but I heard you can get reservations somehow. But how?

Any information would be most helpful!!! And appreciated.

Bryan

My wife, father-in-law, and I are booked on the Dec 28 Celebrity Reflection Eastern Med cruise. We have all cruised before, but first time for my FIL on the Reflection. I love this ship and love Celebrity, so I am sure we will have a good time. Want to get the most out of it, so I have a few questions.

I signed us all up for the roll call, but only 14 people so far have signed up! I sure hope we do get to 25.

I read somewhere that the best idea for lunch on embarkation day was to go to a restaurant on the back of ship somewhere, but I forgot which restaurant. Any ideas? . The Sunset Bar, which is at the back of the buffet, is nice if you like to eat al fresco. The Bistro on 5 is also open on, it has a $5.00 charge

Our caving is 1673, aft, and I hear mixed things about it, some say they are great, some say they are not. Opinions?Check the Sticky above about Solstice class cabins

We would love to try Blu, but we are not in an Aqua Spa room, but I heard you can get reservations somehow. But how? Unless you are in a suite or an AQ cabin you cannot eat in Blu.

Any information would be most helpful!!! And appreciated.

Bryan

Hope my answers above help.

Edited by Oville

The Sunset bar does not serve food. However, the Oceanview cafe is floor below and has an outside eating area. You can walk up to the sunset bar via an outside staircase if you wish.

The Porch is open for lunch for $5 which is outside on deck 15. They serve soups, salads and panini's. It is located near the aft elevators.

I read somewhere that the best idea for lunch on embarkation day was to go to a restaurant on the back of ship somewhere, but I forgot which restaurant. Any ideas?

We always either eat at Bistro on 5 (mid-ship deck 5) or The Porch (Towards the back on Deck 15). These both have 5.00 cover charge. The Porch is nice because you are essentially outside and the view is great. Other option is the Buffer.

Our cabin is 1673, aft, and I hear mixed things about it, some say they are great, some say they are not. Opinions?

I have not stayed her, but it looks like it should be a good cabin, with a cabin below and above it.

We would love to try Blu, but we are not in an Aqua Spa room, but I heard you can get reservations somehow. But how?

Blu won't happen unless you are in an AQ room, AQ Suite, or other Suite,

Hope this helps

Don't dispair about BLU. The MDR now has a SPE (healthier locally sourced) option in each category for every lunch and dinner (except port days… no lunch).

And you can have bkfst and lunch at the Aqua Spa cafe for breakfast and lunch. Again "healthier options". This is open to all.

The AquaSpa cafe was also open embarkation day, no charge, but none of these options to the buffet were listed on the "welcome flyer" given to you at check-in. You are encouraged to go to the buffet with its wide variety of food, and can carry your plate to the outside deck part of the Oceanview if you wish.

The AquaSpa cafe was also open embarkation day, no charge, but none of these options to the buffet were listed on the "welcome flyer" given to you at check-in. You are encouraged to go to the buffet with its wide variety of food, and can carry your plate to the outside deck part of the Oceanview if you wish.

On our recent 7 Dec Reflection cruise, the Aqua Spa Café was not open on embarkation day. It used to be my favorite place for Breakfast & Lunch, but they've really dumbed it down -- no more fresh grilled chicken/salmon/tuna and their cold selections never seem to be rotated.

Where is the Aqua Spa Located?

On our recent 7 Dec Reflection cruise, the Aqua Spa Café was not open on embarkation day. It used to be my favorite place for Breakfast & Lunch, but they've really dumbed it down -- no more fresh grilled chicken/salmon/tuna and their cold selections never seem to be rotated.