Help now...is there a big difference between E1 & D2 on AOS?

It depends on how precious that $160 is to you, how many are in the room, location of both cabins......for me, if both locations were good or equivalent, the $160 (total? for everyone, or per person?) would be worth it.

Carol

The only difference between a D2 & an E1 is the location on the ship and 29 square feet.

A E1 is 173 sq. ft.(balcony 47 sq. ft.)

A D2 is 202 sq. ft.(balcony 50 sq. ft.)

So, it all depends if 29 sq ft is worth $160 to you. :)

I had to make the same kind of decision. It wasn't worth to me to upgrade to the D category. There are only two of us in the cabin so a E1 size cabin was plenty for us. We also got a hump cabin on the 8th deck so it was perfectly fine to take the E1. Check out the 8th deck. Alot of E1 cabins midship.

We have always gone with E1 cabins over D. Actually deck is important to us and generally on Voyager class we try to get the 8th deck

Out of curiosity, why?

I'm sailing on the AOS (which I believe is a Voyager class) in August and am on the 8th deck....

Thanks everyone.

It was late that night; I had just found out that the cabin I would love to have opened up. We are traveling with three other families on Adventure in February, all of us are on deck 8. We are alone in our cabin; our kids are across the hall.

I was very surprised that the cabin came open. I wasn't sure how much of a difference there really was between the two...are the bathrooms bigger? Where do they put the extra square footage? etc.

I did not make the change. I figure I'll use the $160 for shore excursions and nice, frozen, tropical drinks.

Archived