Anyone just off the Eurodam after her Dry Dock???

smoothsailors

Would really appreciate any news of changes/improvements made during the recent December Dry Dock...if anyone just got off the 4-day sailing or embarks on her today?

Thanks...and Happy Holidays!:)

Weren't there reported 'vibration' issues in the Silk Den/Tamarind area? :confused: If so, hopefully this was addressed during the recent dry dock. ;)

Just off this morning. They replaced carpet in the lido and some cabins we were told. They replaced some furniture in cabins and in different areas around the ship though I could not find them. Talking to some of the staff much of the work was done where we can't see it n the engine and like. I must admit that I expected it look all shiny and it looked basically the same to me. Perhaps someone else that was on board will have a different opinion. Don't get me wrong the ship was clean I just expected more. I may have been unrealistic in that. I will do full review later as we are traveling. Can only type so much!! Lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I should add that we ate in Tamarind and noticed minor vibration as before. Nothing bad though IMO.

DH just reminded me that they added a new generator to Deck11 that was a big part of it FYI

Thank you for your report.

Looking forward to a full review.

Just off this morning. They replaced carpet in the lido and some cabins we were told. They replaced some furniture in cabins and in different areas around the ship though I could not find them. Talking to some of the staff much of the work was done where we can't see it n the engine and like. I must admit that I expected it look all shiny and it looked basically the same to me. Perhaps someone else that was on board will have a different opinion. Don't get me wrong the ship was clean I just expected more. I may have been unrealistic in that. I will do full review later as we are traveling. Can only type so much!! Lol

Welcome back.

I'm looking forward to reading your report.

We have had some wonderful cruises on Eurodam.

WB foodgirl :)

We will be on her comes feb. Will look forward to your review. Safe travels :)

Just off Eurodam today....have never sailed HAL before so I cannot compare, however I can say that last night the ship swayed quite a bit...we ate in Taramind and felt nothing up there, I actually thought...hmm it's calm up here...but walking to and from Taramind via deck 8 hallways to midship elevators the ship was swaying a lot.

We were on the 4 night cruise and the ship is beautiful. It looked like some of the carpeting was replaced in the hallway on deck 8 where our cabin was. I did feel vibration once in a while but it wasn't constant. One thing though, the ship seemed to lean a little to the port side. We were in an aft cabin and maybe that it is the way it is back there.

• 1 month later...

Well, the vibration was very evident in the Tamarind restaurant during our January cruise. Vases and glasses were shaking. We switched tables, but there was no benefit to switching. We thought about leaving, but stuck it out and had a fabulous meal.

I posted a thread about this. Apparently it is still common in the Tamarind. We are frequent cruisers and this vibration is not the normal vibrations we have experienced in rough weather. I think the comments about the generator may very well be correct. Apparently it was not corrected during the dry dock.

Just off Eurodam today....have never sailed HAL before so I cannot compare, however I can say that last night the ship swayed quite a bit...we ate in Taramind and felt nothing up there, I actually thought...hmm it's calm up here...but walking to and from Taramind via deck 8 hallways to midship elevators the ship was swaying a lot.

That's odd. By the laws of physics since Tamarind is on a high deck any rolling (swaying), or pitching (swaying fore and aft) should have been more evident there than on lower decks.