Carnival Spirit Tassie Cruise

I have some confusion regarding the arrival departure times for our short cruise to Tassie in Feb.

The Carnival web site states that arrival in Hobart on Thursday 20th is 10am, departure is 6pm and arrival at Port Arthur is 9pm.(listed as Friday but obviously is the Thursday) and departure on Friday at 5pm

The Port Authority web site states that arrival at Hobart will be at 7.am and departure at 5pm whilst arrival at Port Arthur is shown as 7.30am on Friday with departure at 5pm.

The Hobart Visitor Information people (as well as a number of tour operators) reckon that arrival at Hobart will be 6am and departure not until 11pm.

All very confusing (and a bit irritating) especially as I was trying to organise a day tour in Hobart. Looks like I will be hiring an Avis Car and doing my own thing in my own time. :p

I have some confusion regarding the arrival departure times for our short cruise to Tassie in Feb.

The Carnival web site states that arrival in Hobart on Thursday 20th is 10am, departure is 6pm and arrival at Port Arthur is 9pm.(listed as Friday but obviously is the Thursday) and departure on Friday at 5pm

The Port Authority web site states that arrival at Hobart will be at 7.am and departure at 5pm whilst arrival at Port Arthur is shown as 7.30am on Friday with departure at 5pm.

The Hobart Visitor Information people (as well as a number of tour operators) reckon that arrival at Hobart will be 6am and departure not until 11pm.

All very confusing (and a bit irritating) especially as I was trying to organise a day tour in Hobart. Looks like I will be hiring an Avis Car and doing my own thing in my own time. :p

flipper on the carnival site it states arrive 10am Hobart and departs 6pm thurs and arrives Port Arthur 9am fri and departs 5pm fri night so looks normal

Note that this (IMO) is a deliberate tactic of the cruise lines so that you are more likely to use their shore excursions. Times will vary and even when it is announced officially they can still be changed for any reason at all. Good luck.:D

flipper on the carnival site it states arrive 10am Hobart and departs 6pm thurs and arrives Port Arthur 9am fri and departs 5pm fri night so looks normal

Yeah...a small but important correction. You are correct that the Carnival Web Site shows those time (as does my agents web site) but when I printed out my Booking Summary as part of the on line check in, I found that the Port Arthur arrival time was showing as 9.00PM on Friday (but still showing a 5.00pm departure).

I am now of the mind that we will depart Hobart at 6.00pm on Thursday, wander down the Derwent for 3 hours and then anchor at 9.00pm that night at Port Arthur. I cant imaging how they could possibly take 15 hours to sail the short distance from Hobart to Port Arthur.

Rather than being a ploy to confuse passengers and lure them into taking the overpriced Ship's Tours, I fancy all this is just a case of total sloppiness. :(

Yeah...a small but important correction. You are correct that the Carnival Web Site shows those time (as does my agents web site) but when I printed out my Booking Summary as part of the on line check in, I found that the Port Arthur arrival time was showing as 9.00PM on Friday (but still showing a 5.00pm departure).

I am now of the mind that we will depart Hobart at 6.00pm on Thursday, wander down the Derwent for 3 hours and then anchor at 9.00pm that night at Port Arthur. I cant imaging how they could possibly take 15 hours to sail the short distance from Hobart to Port Arthur.

Rather than being a ploy to confuse passengers and lure them into taking the overpriced Ship's Tours, I fancy all this is just a case of total sloppiness. :(

Most likely correct, as it would only take 3 hours from Hobart to Port Arthur perhaps they may offer a night shorex into port arthur, a ghost tour.:D